Thread: throttle cut due to high % commanded?

Tuner in Training

throttle cut due to high % commanded?

I Picked up this turbo'd LQ4 swapped mustang as a "nearly finished" project. Ive had to redo a lot of the hackjob work that was done before me and have the car driving now, but Ive been fighting a situation where it seemed like at around 4000rpm or half throttle I would experience throttle cut until I backed off the throttle and eased back into it. Just today in the garage I noticed that if I stopped on the throttle and held it to the floor, throttle cut would kick in immediately and when I looked at the "accelerator pedal position" it registered 156%. It makes sence to me that once the ecm sees more than 100%, (it doesn't know what to do with 101+) it ignores the input and reverts back to 0. Does this sound logical?

I found a few tables that deal with the accel pedal and tac module but they all have warnings of permanently damaging the tac module so I don't think this is a good place for me to experiment. The pedal looks to be a facory GM pedal modified to mount in the mustang. Any suggestions?

Edit:
    to add some more info, I have what I believe to be a 99-04 pedal assembly, a 2002 0411 ecm, 03-07 TAC module, and 03-07 1257080 throttle body. I think I probably have a mismatch in these 4 items, now I just need to figure out the least amount or expensive ones to replace or see if a table in HP tuner will correct the issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stangslayer; 06-30-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    05 mustang GT with 3v 5.0 and a 2.3 whipple

Is it drive by wire or still a cable throttle body??

Most trucks in 2002 were still cable throttle body unless it was like a denali/yukon.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    its drive by wire

Tuner in Training
    bump