Thread: 2000 Pontiac GTP-No showing cylinder airmass in channels-not logging timing in graphs

Tuner in Training

2000 Pontiac GTP-No showing cylinder airmass in channels-not logging timing in graphs

Working on a 2000 Grand Prix GTP. I built a advanced and retard timing graph but it is not populating the cells. Also I cannot not select "cylinder airmass" in the channels for some reason. On these cars I thought you needed to log Maf lb/min or build the graph different but forget.

Attached is the tune and my configs.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post a log. That makes it really easy for me/us to see what you're seeing since you already posted the layout file..

More than likely you're just using the wrong cylinder airmass parameter. There are several in V3+.. there are ones based on MAF airflow ones based on VE airflow or you can also make your own (my personal preference) based on dynamic airflow, which is what the computer is using in the end anyways...

If you can post a log I'll take a look.

If you cant select cylinder airmass then you aren't logging what that parameter needs in order to work.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-23-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Attached is a log and the snap shot when I type "cylinder" in the search bar. I'm assuming on this OS you cannot log cylinder airmass.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

use this layout. I switched it to the correct RPM parameter and a MAF based cylinder airmass, looks to be working now.

GTP V6 Layout.Layout.xml
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thanks for your help. I knew I was missing something!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Only issue now is the cylinder airmass is not showing in the chart and doesn't show up in the channels? Any ideas?

It will not show in the channel list, no need for it to. It's calculated based on other parameters (mass airflow & RPM basically)

Switch the charts to use the same parameter I switched the graphs to and it should work fine. "MAF cylinder airmass (6 cyl)"

When selecting a parameter, be it for a chart or graph, up at the top of the parameter selector window there is a gear icon with a green check mark. If you click that then it will filter out any parameters that you can't use (i.e. they aren't being logged) which makes it a whole lot easier to figure out the proper ones to use.