Thread: WOT showing 2-4 degrees Knock and 22-4 degrees timing 93 octane

Tuner in Training

WOT showing 2-4 degrees Knock and 22-4 degrees timing 93 octane

Interesting log I did. Its a stock 01 vette LS1, only changes are vararam intake, texas speed Longtube headers, no cats, no air, and I edited out all the MIL's related. I did a initial run to see where my numbers were and they kind of threw me for a loop a little. Once I went into WOT from about 2500k RPMS I watched the graph show timing at 31 degrees then an instant 4.2 knock and 102% throttle. 23 degrees the knock reduced to 3.3 with an AFR of 12.3 at 4900 RPM's.
    At 5500 it dropped a little more to 2.5 knock at 23 degrees of timing and once I hit 5830 the timing was 24.5 degrees and 2 knock. When it shifted and dropped me to 4000 RPM's the timing was 25.5 and 2.6 knock with 11.7 AFR showing 104% throttle. Then at 4400 it showed 4 degress of knock and 23.5 timing so I backed off and then drove slightly normal back home.

Could this have something to do with torque management? I'm still fairly new to this and I did notice it seems the car has more power when I only do about 3/4 throttle versus full. Any help you guys can share would be great and a big help.

I attached the run for you to look at as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Could be real knock or even burst knock kicking in, hard to say for sure.

One thing you need to do is retune the VE and MAF tables for the intake and header change. Your fuel trims are rather high while driving and at WOT.

And the commanded AFR is just that commanded, it might not be exactly what the real AFR is and that's why you should get a wideband to dial in both the VE and MAF and us it for WOT fueling changes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    You have been a big help so far and appreciate it.

Senior Tuner
    way too lean. get a wideband in it and aim for 12.2 at peak torque and 12.5 at peak hp. shut off ltft.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    So if the LTFT is showing a positive number it means a lean condition and the PCM is trying to correct it and I can see those corrections if I reference the STFT?