Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

To clarify - the min/max override feature was intended only for overriding HPT-set limits in cases where the ECM actually supports higher values.
    So if the ECM software was only meant to work with a value of 1.0, even though the data structure may support a value of 2, the ECM may ignore anything above 2.

In other words, I would not adjust the values unless you're absolutely certain that the software supports these (higher or lower) values.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    To clarify - the min/max override feature was intended only for overriding HPT-set limits in cases where the ECM actually supports higher values.
    So if the ECM software was only meant to work with a value of 1.0, even though the data structure may support a value of 2, the ECM may ignore anything above 2.

In other words, I would not adjust the values unless you're absolutely certain that the software supports these (higher or lower) values.
    I am not seeing any adverse effects with it at 1.9, I may change it back to 1.0 though....

In either case, could there be some other table that might be missing or undecoded (I don't know much about that part of this) causing this issue? I wish I could help more with that.

Tuner
    In my 2.24 for e38 under speedi there use to be tyre and gear calculator which auto adjusted the shift speeds if you changed tyre size or diff ratio, ive downloaded 3.2 and this feature appears to have been removed? Or has it been put some where else?

Its a handy tool to have

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaro View Post
    In my 2.24 for e38 under speedi there use to be tyre and gear calculator which auto adjusted the shift speeds if you changed tyre size or diff ratio, ive downloaded 3.2 and this feature appears to have been removed? Or has it been put some where else?

Its a handy tool to have
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...753#post414753
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuning Addict

Its a handy tool to have
    Under Edit Now...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Its not in this location for my 2009 G8

Its not in this location for my 2009 G8
    Post your file.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    I found it, finally, ..... Thanks guys

Potential Tuner
    Is VCM Suite 3.2 compatible with Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by MickVette View Post
    Is VCM Suite 3.2 compatible with Windows 10?
    Yes

Potential Tuner
    in the new graph, histogram. Everything I now log under main spark timing and knock retard, the fuel trims and narrowband o2 all look messed up with zeros like this. the only one that's works like normal is the Wideband input I added. Not sure if I messed up the settings? I just downloaded todays version of the suite and same thing. The funny thing is if I load an old log from 2.24 the histograms all looks fine.

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

Change "cylinder airmass (sensor)" to a different cylinder airmass PID. If you're running MAF only use "MAF Cylinder airmass (8 cyl)" instead.

That should get it going.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Change "cylinder airmass (sensor)" to a different cylinder airmass PID. If you're running MAF only use "MAF Cylinder airmass (8 cyl)" instead.

That should get it going.
    Thanks so much! I pretty much got it now. Had to choose the generic sensors.

Also another question. I am running speed density, in the scanner its all charting map in kPa vs rpm which is all fine and good. But in the editor when I'm tweaking the spark table, why is it cylinder airmass in grams? Can I go off the map instead? Just to keep thing uniform.
    Last edited by GIZZMotorsports; 06-25-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GIZZMotorsports View Post
    Also another question. I am running speed density, in the scanner its all charting map in kPa vs rpm which is all fine and good. But in the editor when I'm tweaking the spark table, why is it cylinder airmass in grams? Can I go off the map instead? Just to keep thing uniform.
    Right click, row axis, units.

Quote Originally Posted by GIZZMotorsports View Post
    Thanks so much! I pretty much got it now. Had to choose the generic sensors.

You can change units in either one.. easiest way is to right click on that table in the tune, go to row or column, units, change to whatever you need them to be to match scanner
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Request: Can we please get the option to master enable/disable the "override parameter's" option please

Quote Originally Posted by NTIMID8 View Post
    Request: Can we please get the option to master enable/disable the "override parameter's" option please
    can't you just check the box, Do Not Warn Me Again?

or is that just per item?

It's per session.

A master "opt out" feature will be added eventually. The likely release version would be 3.6. We have some other big plans for 3.4.

Math Parameters disappeared once again from the Tools>Math Parameter location.......

Keith, I just downloaded the latest Public and Beta release and once again all my Math Parameters in Tools have disappeared....They are still in the Scanner folder but are once again wiped out in Tool. I just spent a half hour bringing them back from the last download because I have to open each various customers layouts to figure out where they go.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Are you using multiple versions of VCM Scanner?