Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    I was only running Version 3.0.128 and Beta 3.1.390....

Ed M
    I had the same problem as Ed today with 3.2.9 and a few days ago on the beta. My user math parameters were still saved in the folder, but the user math parameters were blank as if I had intentionally removed or never installed them.

New 3.2 up. This might recover your math parameters if you haven't changed them yet.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    Nobody ever bothered addressing it back then so I figured I'll try again.

Same scan from my 2015 Z06 (that was made back in April) opened twice for comparison/illustration purposes. As you can seem from the screenshot even though the spark values from the graph both read 15.5 degrees at two different points in time, the value displayed on the chart is VERY different.

Any reason why?

Sensor averaging was changed to more of a 2.24 style. Also, what you posted isn't enough to answer your question because we can't see what channels you're logging, or, what parameter/sensor is backing that particular chart series.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    New 3.2 up. This might recover your math parameters if you haven't changed them yet.
    Mine stayed with version 3.2.10 you just posted. Thanks again Keith.

Potential Tuner
    Does 3.2 add knock sensor readout to dodge neon srt4 or are we still flying blind on this?

Are you running any other versions of VCM Scanner on your PC?

Yes I had technically 3 versions. (2.24, 3.0, 3.1 beta). Prior however new installs of 3.1 or 3.0 sub versions never killed my maths like 3.2 did.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuning Addict
    Sensor averaging was changed to more of a 2.24 style. Also, what you posted isn't enough to answer your question because we can't see what channels you're logging, or, what parameter/sensor is backing that particular chart series.
    My Math parameters never came back - Can we still download 2.24 saved versions of the scanner like we could in 3? If we can I can get them back that way

Also am I understanding in the above that we no longer will have the weird multi-channel averaging that was throwing off the graphs displays? If so, that alone will make it worth the conversion It's always nice being able to trust the data your seeing...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    My Math parameters never came back - Can we still download 2.24 saved versions of the scanner like we could in 3? If we can I can get them back that way

Also am I understanding in the above that we no longer will have the weird multi-channel averaging that was throwing off the graphs displays? If so, that alone will make it worth the conversion It's always nice being able to trust the data your seeing...

Never mind just confirmed you can no longer get your math parameters through the old 2.24 scanner profiles like you could in V3... BUT I can make new ones if they'll stay without having to be reloaded all the time - shouldn't be too bad that way...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Mine didn't come back either...with 50 clients I now have 23 Math parameters I have to re-install into their correct positions :-(

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

These are all saved in the My Documents\HP Tuners\Settings folder, in the .xml files.

If they're common maths, the better solution is to ask us to add them to the built in list. This gives them a static ID that is consistent across all users.

Copperhead ECU..

What happened to Tunerlock/HPT Lock? It used to be under Calibration details>Controllers
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I am fairly confident this particular adjustment will not cause harm to your ECM. It may do nothing or set a code at worst, but you should be able to flash back to the previous calibration without any issues.
    you were right, it didn't brick my pcm but it also didn't help the issue.....whats the best way for me to address this issue? I feel like tuning VVE under boost is a necessity.

Tuner
    Hi I have a ticket 41810 but thought there is quicker responses occurring here

These are HP's descriptions on what they are

[ECM] 10061 - Turbo Overboost Multiplier: This is the overall transient overboost wastegate DC multiplier for closed loop boost control, based on Engine Speed and Time at WOT.

[ECM] 10070 - Turbo Overboost Adder: This is the overall transient overboost wastegate DC adder for closed loop boost control, based on Engine Speed and Time at WOT.

Are these description's correct in Ver 3.2?
    If the ecu was operating in closed loop boost control, shouldn't we be looking for an increase in "Desired boost" if we were trying to increase boost pressure over time?
    If so should one of the tables actually be targeted at the "Desired Boost" rather than Wastegate Duty Cycle?

If their descriptions are correct, wouldn't "Desired Boost" override what these tables are trying to do if it was operating in closed loop? and how would an adder and a multiplier work together?
    Car is an Australian Ford XR6 Turbo auto Ute
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Tuner
    Whats the update on 2015+ 8 speed dodge trans support?

I should have learned from the last time....I updated without saving my math's without reading this post first. took me a long time to figure out the math for my OS now I have to look to see who helped me before.....great..

Tuning Addict
    These are all saved in the My Documents\HP Tuners\Settings folder, in the .xml files.

If they're common maths, the better solution is to ask us to add them to the built in list. This gives them a static ID that is consistent across all users.
    I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't find any of my old parameters there either?

Here's one I know will benefit everyone, because I have to give it out regularly...

( ( [6] + [7] ) / 2) + ( ( [8] + [9] ) / 2 )

It's just stft bank 1 + ltft bank 1 /2 + stft bank 2 + ltft bank 2 /2

It just allows people to better dial in differences bank to bank and quicker vs the one all ready in the scanner...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    On the math topic...
    I didn't say 3.2.10 brought mine back. I said I didn't lose the ones I had entered again after I installed the newest version (3.2.10) from 3.2.9 when I previously lost them. Sorry if I confused anyone.
    Last edited by gofastwclass; 06-20-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't find any of my old parameters there either?

Here's one I know will benefit everyone, because I have to give it out regularly...

( ( [6] + [7] ) / 2) + ( ( [8] + [9] ) / 2 )

It's just stft bank 1 + ltft bank 1 /2 + stft bank 2 + ltft bank 2 /2

It just allows people to better dial in differences bank to bank and quicker vs the one all ready in the scanner...
    I believe what you want is this: (([50155.156] + [50156.156]) + ([50157.156] + [50158.156])) / 2

Which, i've added to the beta as "LTFT + STFT (bank separated)"

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    you were right, it didn't brick my pcm but it also didn't help the issue.....whats the best way for me to address this issue? I feel like tuning VVE under boost is a necessity.
    What's the issue? Not that I know the solution.. just curious
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    What's the issue? Not that I know the solution.. just curious
    2016 Z06

If I fail the MAF then no boost.

Actually, overriding the limit warning may have worked but I'm waiting on this stupid AEM OBDII wideband to show up and I don't want to push it too much until it's in and I am too lazy to install my other wideband in the meantime, lol. According to the log I took it up to 1.3 PR with no MAF but the boost gauge was only a hair above 0 and it felt like it was limited and wouldn't raise any more.