Thread: Boost Engine TqLimit???

Tuner in Training

Boost Engine TqLimit???

Ive read on here with you alls great info that when logging at WOT, the maximum engine torque should be higher than predicted engine trq command, otherwise something is limiting. Which is my case here, i see that boost engine tq limit and maximum engine torque are almost identical, which makes me think that the limit is coming from boost source somewhere, any ideas from where? Ill post a log and tune....thanks in advance.

Vehicle is a 2013 malibu 2.0t
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by arnoldocadena; 05-30-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Tuner
    I assume you are wanting to add boost, If that's the case then go here and change this to your desired levels all the way across.

ENGINE>Torque Management>SC/TC Boost Control>Boost Max Limit

Tuner
    This thread may help you as well.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Boost-Control

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for replying. Yes, i am aware of that table, which is set to 250kpa (around 21 psi), but in log showing 18 psi only avg, i know something else could be limiting.

As these have alot of tables to control power, would like to pin point...so, by having Max Engine Torque lower thank Predicted Engine Tq Command, would that be where its coming from? Or should I be looking somewhere else? If so, id really appreciate guidance to where i can tweak. Thanks Again.

Tuner
    In your tune posted, it's set to 220 at the first column. Your boost is hitting 200 kpa in the log you posted.

Change it to 250 all the way across.

Tuner in Training
    Ok...i will try that...thought that wouldn't apply being at cold temps? Does it??

Ill try it and report back...thanks again

Tuner
    Well ??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    Well ??
    im having the same issue and changing this did not help...

Tuner
    Can you post a log file as well. I need to see torque output, gms/cyl, MAF in lbs/hr, and the other typical stuff, like RPM, TPS, Accelerator Pedal Postion, speed, o2's, and stuff.

Tuner
    For what it's worth, that very table I mentioned remains unchanged in the file you posted. If it's capping at 220, them I'd change that table I referenced above all the way across before looking much further.