Thread: Trans Torque Management Issue

Advanced Tuner

Trans Torque Management Issue

Trying to get my LSA/4L85E Colorado dialed in on the dyno, having quite a bit of issues with doing so.

I am getting ETC Trans Torque Management and Spark Trans Torque Management kicking in. Closing throttle and removing spark.

I have all transmission torque management tables disabled in the tune file.

Attached is the current tune file and the scan showing the issues. I had it commanded 3rd gear with converter locked while trying to do the pulls.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is that WB reading right? It's showing like 17:1 in closed loop

Advanced Tuner
    Oh yeah, sorry. The wideband is in the tail pipe, so at idle and some lite throttle it won't register.

I have a wideband in the pillar that is in a bung located in the header. I am going to put my wideband in that bung, just haven't done that yet.

Advanced Tuner
    Could this be a issue with my TCM controller? What all transmissions does the T42 TCM support?

Just seems like there are maybe some tables that I am missing in the file or are hidden or something. Honestly don't know, just throwing idea's out there.

Advanced Tuner
    Nevermind, I found my original post that I posted a while back about this issue. And see that someone might have found the fix for my issue.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...T42-with-4L80E

What was it?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Well I haven't put it to the full test, but has so far work on the dyno.

Being the T42 TCM is for a 4L60E transmission, there must be some hidden tables that we don't have access to through HP Tuners. I have to email Support still, to see if there are more tables that are hidden or not.

I had to set the P0717 ISS Low to Disable. (Trans Diag>General>Input Speed Sensor)

Had to set P1870 Trans Component Slipping Diagnostic Enable Temp to max temp setting. (Trans Diag>General>P1870 Trans Component Slipping)
    Had to set P1870 Trans Component Slipping Diagnostic Disable Temp to lowest setting. To keep from entering diagnostic test mode. (Trans Diag>General>P1870 Trans Component Slipping)

Before.png
    Before

After.png
    After

Tuner in Training
    Hate to reopen an old thread but I'm having similar issues with my e38/t42 swap and Im seeing ETC and Spark torque management pulling a good amount of timing out. What's the side effects of doing what was mentioned in this tread besides the tests not being ran?

I had to set the P0717 ISS Low to Disable. (Trans Diag>General>Input Speed Sensor)

Had to set P1870 Trans Component Slipping Diagnostic Enable Temp to max temp setting. (Trans Diag>General>P1870 Trans Component Slipping)
    Had to set P1870 Trans Component Slipping Diagnostic Disable Temp to lowest setting. To keep from entering diagnostic test mode. (Trans Diag>General>P1870 Trans Component Slipping)
    1970 Monte Carlo L96/4l80 swap
    2008 Pontiac Torrent GXP 3.6vvt/6l70