Thread: 6.2 Raptor PCM running 5.0 coyote?

Tuner in Training

6.2 Raptor PCM running 5.0 coyote?

Hey guys,
    I'm having a dillemma. I have a 5.4 raptor, and I am looking at selling the truck to get a a 2011 or newer truck. There are numerous factors in my decision, one of them involves this question:

Is it POSSIBLE to run a 5.0 coyote on the 6.2 raptor PCM? The reason why I ask is they might be the same PCM, just different harnesses and software (tune/calibration whatever you want to call it) based on the copperhead PCM. I'll attach a screenshot of a 2011 raptor .hpt file I downloaded off the repository, with the Variable camshaft tables pulled up.

I direct you to now observe that the drop down list contains a default "Dependant" meaning the intake and exhaust timing is phased together. The drop down box also contains "Disabled", "Intake only", "Exhaust only", "Dependant" or "Ti-VCT" options. I am wondering if I am able to copy and paste all the values from mapped points over from a 5.0, assuming the table counts are similar, and I change the motor harness out to a 5.0 harness, will I be able to drop in a 5.0?

I ask because the motor will be ~100-150lbs lighter, and the aftermarket heavily favors the motor due to all the mustangs, not to mention possibly improving MPG quite a bit. I already get ~15 in town and 17.25mpg hand calculated @ ~65-70mph with my 5.4. It's just a little down on power and aftermarket support (*Cough*Cough*) for my liking.

I will now attach the screenshot. Discuss!!

*EDIT* Sold the truck and just got a 12' 6.2 instead.
    Last edited by aksubiedubie; 11-12-2016 at 02:35 PM.