Thread: Changed hotside and running into issue being super rich after WOT

Tuner in Training

Changed hotside and running into issue being super rich after WOT

I have been trying to slow learn tuning and it seemed I was getting pretty close. I was only running 4-5psi at first and I finally determined that the T76mm with a .96 A/R was WAY to slow to spool for my little 5.3. I swapped the housing to a .81 and things changed? The issue I keep having is my wideband works fine at WOT pull sits where I expect it to but when I let off it goes crazy. It jumps up and down. I can smell the fuel. I tried enabling DFCO and it works good when cruising but I assume it doesn't do much after a WOT pull because it still shoots rich. If I cruise for a while my AFR will finally bring itself up and sit between 14-15 and stay there all day until I go WOT again.

This will do this no matter what. If I just floor it for a few seconds when I'm second not really loading the motor it will still shoot rich after even though the AFR it where I want it.

I have attached everything to be looked at and see if they can give me a heads up of why this was happened. I get my trims are all crazy at the moment but this was doing it when they were all within +-5. I've just been playing with somethings to try to figure this out myself first but no luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    This is still an issue...

Per that log, bank one is just adding fuel like a mofo. Look at those fuel trims just pegged at +25.

You should be logging your o2 sensors too, to see what they are doing.

What happens if you put this vehicle into fully open loop?

Disable all fuel trims and closed loop functions and see if it stays rich like it does after you get out of the throttle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Per that log, bank one is just adding fuel like a mofo. Look at those fuel trims just pegged at +25.

You should be logging your o2 sensors too, to see what they are doing.

What happens if you put this vehicle into fully open loop?

Disable all fuel trims and closed loop functions and see if it stays rich like it does after you get out of the throttle.
    Alright I will add in O2s to my log and try another drive in the near future. I agree they are adding fuel like crazy and I have no idea why. It has been giving me problems for months. As long as I don't go into PE/BE it will run fine.

I have tried disabling the trims (STFT and LTFT) running in open loop and it does solve them problem which makes me think the cheap O2s are just causing a ton of problems (although I'm not sure). Although I'm a little scared to run it much like this since I'm not sure how close the tune is since I can't go off my trims.

Your wideband would atleast let you know if you are in the danger zone for fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Attached is a log with NO trims and the tune I used. I appreciate any help you can give.

I don't know how much it makes a difference but my O2's are PRE-Turbo in about the location they would be stock, and my Wideband is POST turbo around 36"s away. From what I read this shouldn't be an issue but theory and practice aren't always the same.

300zx SD Tune RTT - No Trims.hpt
    Drive 3-3-2017.hpl
    Main Layout.Layout.xml
    Last edited by INSANEREINDEER; 03-03-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    No suggestions for this issue?