Thread: 2014 SVT Raptor Remote start

Tuner in Training

2014 SVT Raptor Remote start

After tuning this 2014 Ford Raptor the remote start no longer works. No lights on, no codes, no other issues. Any ideas?

Senior Tuner
    usually you have to lock the vehicle then remote start it.

Did you change the pats switch under system>general> security?

Tuner in Training
    I did not change PATS. Do I need to? Thanks

Senior Tuner
    If pats is still enabled I would test it by putting the stock/ original tune back on and seeing if it works. if it does then you know its from the tune and I would email support. If it doesn't its not the tune and I would see if there is another key you can try.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help, I'll try those tips.

Any update on this?

See if there are any codes set from tuning. The OEM remote start and Ford Accessory remote start kits will not operate if certain DTC's are set, which may be the case after it was flashed.

If none, advice to try as murfie suggests, reflash to stock tune, clear dtc's and retest.

There should be NO reason to disable or mess with the PATS drop down in this instance. The remote start function is done via request over the CAN network on these via the BCM if it's an OEM keyhead integrated remote start, or via network packet injection if it's the Ford Accessory one (will have a seperate remote for remote start). Assuming of course, it's not an aftermarket add-in unit, in which case none of this information applies that I have provided.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw