Thread: Chevy Cruze Boost Limiting

Advanced Tuner

Chevy Cruze Boost Limiting

Got a 2012 Cruze 1.4T auto that just cannot manage to hit my desired boost level. Got something still limiting me after several changes to the tune that should have eliminated anything holding me back now from reaching my desired boost. Got my max boost limit set to 240 kpa so nothing too crazy high, roughly 20 psi, so nothing crazy high I'm asking for. Anyways been through and made the changes necessary to this point that are supposedly the boost limiting factors in these operating systems with these particular cars. Based off a couple of the larger general Cruze tuning threads from a couple few years ago driver demand 100% row is set to 300, torque limiting tables under tq mgmt set to around 300 each one, knock airmass set to 2.00, pressure delta factor set to 2.00, overspeed limit min set to 2.00, pressure ratio max table set to 3.00. Basically everything that Chris had mentioned in this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Tuning/page11 that "should" eliminate any limiting.

Anyone else run into this on the Cruze? Posting from my phone at the moment so cannot post my tune file at this immediate time but surely can later. This isn't a throttle closing issue, that's staying wide open throughout an entire wot run. Just driving me nuts why I can't get to my desired boost. I'm hitting up around the 220ish kpa range so still missing 3 psi roughly.

Thanks in advance to any input on this!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Set your torque limits to 400 and set your driver demand to 400.
    Try those to just rule those tables out. And if still having a issue, possibly do a boost leak test.
    Sounds like you have the main tables covered. I am commanding 240kpa as well on a couple and am able to achieve 240kpa.

If you do end up posting your tune, I can compared vs mine. To see if I can pin point the issue. But I would rule those items out first, then continue from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes sir I ended up doing just that as a matter of fact a couple hours ago. Raised both up to 500 just as a test, same results can't get past 17 psi.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    It's consistent though around 220ish kpa and doesn't drop off hard or anything as the rpms rise.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure what next.
    Anything on your Throttle Pressure Drop tables?

Has the turbocharger wastegate actuator been messed with?

And is the DC of the solenoid matching your commanded DC?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Not sure what next.
    Anything on your Throttle Pressure Drop tables?

Has the turbocharger wastegate actuator been messed with?

And is the DC of the solenoid matching your commanded DC?

Throttle pressure drop table is still zeroed as delivered from GM.

Turbo or wastegate ever been messed with? No clue what's been touched on this car, I've only owned it for roughly a week. Lol.

Going to log that tomorrow or maybe still tonight if I've got a few minutes.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing looks molested on it.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    What have you seen for stock boost levels on a completely stock Cruze and factory calibration? This car of mine I only seen 8-9 psi tops on the stock tune.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, maybe post up a log of it when you get another chance.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes sir was planning on posting tune and a log when I actually get to my laptop. Just on my phone right now.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds good.

Advanced Tuner
    Fixed! Just raised the Base DC table some, nothing crazy but I did raise that up some and now I can at least at some points throughout a run hit my target commanded boost. Now just got to go to work on the PID tables!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    Nice.

Advanced Tuner
    Now I need to go back through my tune and get some of my tables back to a more sane level. I've never been a fan of just having to raise this and raise that to ridiculous numbers or maxing a table out to get the tune to do what I want it to do, only as a last ditch effort if the OS I am working with won't cooperate at all. Lol
    2017 Silverado LTZ