Thread: Tuning Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo for Atmospheric BPV

Tuner in Training

Tuning Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo for Atmospheric BPV

Just curious if anyone has tuned a Cruze for a Atmospheric BPV? Ive been struggling with it for a few days now because the BPV is after the MAF and the fuel trims are off because of where the MAF is located. i know BNR has tuned these for a Atmospheric BPV before and im not sure if im missing something or what the deal is. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, they just dial in it as best as possible.

The correct way, is to put a recirculated system back on, or install the MAF after the intercooler and before the throttle body.

You won't be able to get it dialed in perfectly with the vent to atmosphere valve, with stock MAF location.

And it should only be giving you issues when the valve is open. And that is only when throttle is closed with boost pressure still in the system.

So it shouldn't give you to big of a struggle. It wont affect fueling when valve is closed.

Tuner in Training
    Its open at idle which is why im having issues. Im guessing the spring isnt stiff enough to keep closed at idle. Im going to see if i can find a stiffer spring that will still open when it needs to.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh yeah, then that's a problem. Haven't seen one with it open at idle.

So you will definitely need to get a stiffer spring.

Tuner in Training
    I will find out tonight. Going to play with her car when i get home from work. Thanks for the help!

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds good.

No problem man.