Thread: 2015 Mustang running Rich As Soon As Shifts Into 3rd Under Wot

Tuner in Training

2015 Mustang running Rich As Soon As Shifts Into 3rd Under Wot

I have a 2015 mustang gt, and am very happy with the progression of the tune so far. I am however experiencing a problem. When I launch, and run it all the way thru 2nd gear my lambda is .82, which is where I want it. As soon as it shifts into 3rd the lambda drops to .75, hitting .72 before it shifts into 4th Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stodd347 View Post
    I have a 2015 mustang gt, and am very happy with the progression of the tune so far. I am however experiencing a problem. When I launch, and run it all the way thru 2nd gear my lambda is .82, which is where I want it. As soon as it shifts into 3rd the lambda drops to .75, hitting .72 before it shifts into 4th Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
    If you post your tune and a log. We should be able to help you out with that.

Tuner
    Its the CAT over temp protection. You need to turn off all 3 toggle overtemp protections to run target lambda in all gears.

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure the following are being logged:

Spark Source
    Fuel Srouce
    VCT source

Like it's been stated it looks like you are exceeding the temps set in the Cat Overtemp protection cell. This can be found under in the Fuel tab under COT. There will be number set in temperature. If you are catless disable them.

I'm running maganflow hi flow cats so I raised mine to 1800* so it only kicks on the last half of a second consecutive pull. I also raised the max enrichment to .80. So even when it does kick on, it will only drop me down to .80.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Make sure the following are being logged:

Spark Source
    Fuel Srouce
    VCT source

Like it's been stated it looks like you are exceeding the temps set in the Cat Overtemp protection cell. This can be found under in the Fuel tab under COT. There will be number set in temperature. If you are catless disable them.

I'm running maganflow hi flow cats so I raised mine to 1800* so it only kicks on the last half of a second consecutive pull. I also raised the max enrichment to .80. So even when it does kick on, it will only drop me down to .80.

Thanks for your help, this was the solution to the problem

Advanced Tuner
    In case I didn't mention this, you will melt your cats if you disable this and still have cats. If you are cat less than don't worry about it, keep them disabled;