Thread: weird timing issue

Potential Tuner

weird timing issue

I have been playing with my tune on the saturn in my signature. I am running into a odd issue. During scanning i ran into where at a certain rpm it drops the timing down to a set 24 degrees at wot. I know this car will run more timing i just cant seem to find where i adjust it. I figure it must have something to do with the vvt but i am not 100% sure. Any help would be great.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 65special View Post
    I have been playing with my tune on the saturn in my signature. I am running into a odd issue. During scanning i ran into where at a certain rpm it drops the timing down to a set 24 degrees at wot. I know this car will run more timing i just cant seem to find where i adjust it. I figure it must have something to do with the vvt but i am not 100% sure. Any help would be great.
    Post a tune file and log of the car. Not enough information here to help.

And there is no signature on your post that list any vehicle.

Potential Tuner
    I will post the scan and bin file later when i get home with my laptop. I think i have fixed the signature to show my vehicle. Sorry about that.
    2008 Saturn Aura Xe 3.5
    Engine: Crab intake with front pipe upgrade, wams tune, taylor wires, mildly ported upper intake plenum and throtte body.
    Suspension: H & R lowering springs on kyb struts.
    Brakes: 08 Saab 9-5 front rotors and pads.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 65special View Post
    I will post the scan and bin file later when i get home with my laptop. I think i have fixed the signature to show my vehicle. Sorry about that.
    Signature is working now.

Potential Tuner
    Here is the scan and the bin. I have everything set very high trying to get more wot timing. Also if you have any insight to any major mistakes i am making i appreciate it. I sadly have read till my eyes bleed but until i physically do it myself or have someone show me where parameters should be i will be lost. Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 Saturn Aura Xe 3.5
    Engine: Crab intake with front pipe upgrade, wams tune, taylor wires, mildly ported upper intake plenum and throtte body.
    Suspension: H & R lowering springs on kyb struts.
    Brakes: 08 Saab 9-5 front rotors and pads.

Advanced Tuner
    I didn't not see anything that is sticking out to why it is not running commanded timing. The log didn't have knock retard logged. So make sure, its not knock retard. Then if its not knock retard. Then it might be in torque management somewhere.

You can also log all PIDs that could cause timing removed. And see if any show timing being pulled.

Also if you are to raise the main spark advance table, does your actual timing go up as well but just does not match commanded timing?