Thread: Won't idle when non electric auto is checked

Potential Tuner

Won't idle when non electric auto is checked

This is an LQ4 in a tube chassis rock crawler running an th400. The tune that's in the truck is set to manual for the transmission. The problem we have is it has terribly slow throttle response when you need fast throttle opening. I was playing around with it today and changed the trans type to non electronic auto and wham, it has excellent response but won't idle no matter what I change. Even the scanner is unable to raise the idle. I can hold it with my foot and it stays consistent though. As soon as I change it back to manual transmission it idles fine and has slow throttle response.
    Please help me

My friend did a 5.3 with a TH350 in his rock crawler, I just set it to manual transmission and deleted all transmission related codes and any limiters that have to do with the transmission or vehicle speed. It runs great and has no throttle issues, it's drive by cable though.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    This one is dbw. Do I need to turn off some codes when I choose non electronic auto for the trans?