Thread: 1999 5.3 Auto to manual swap

Tuner in Training

1999 5.3 Auto to manual swap

Didn't find much searching. Going to tune a 1999 5.3 1500 silverado that had a 4l60e which he swapped to a manual sm465. What do I need to take with me to do the swap? I already downloaded a .hpt for a 4.8 MT off the repository. I haven't used 3.0 yet aside from scanning, so I don't have a clear understanding of what segment swapping is.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by larboc1 View Post
    Didn't find much searching. Going to tune a 1999 5.3 1500 silverado that had a 4l60e which he swapped to a manual sm465. What do I need to take with me to do the swap? I already downloaded a .hpt for a 4.8 MT off the repository. I haven't used 3.0 yet aside from scanning, so I don't have a clear understanding of what segment swapping is.
    Follow up to anyone else approaching this:

After accidentally wasting two credits on unlocking an .hpt file I downloaded from the repository due to a laptop restart, I got it working. Helped out a friend, wasted $100

Not as complicated as I thought it would be. The only thing that I needed to do was to read the stock VCM, and change from Auto to Manual in the transmission tab and it worked fine. I retarded some of the low rpm spark tables to aid clutch let out and set the idle target up slightly to clear up idle hunting. The PCM still thinks it's in D4 but changing to a manual trans in the pull down menu looks like it overwrites where that would matter.
    2001 2500 silverado 4x4 ex. cab sb lq4 western 7.5' cable plow