Thread: P0606 and reduced engine power

Advanced Tuner

P0606 and reduced engine power

Anyone ever run into this with their LNF??? I don't personally own an LNF but my 09 CTS shares the same PCM. Happened to me today on my way home. Flashed in a tune file with some changes I made and after that the s**t hit the fan. Car was feeling like it had a very "dead pedal" and then would give it more throttle and bam reduced engine power so pulled over and seen their was a p0606 code in the PCM. Looks like a p0606 is an internal failure fault code for the PCM itself. So after a few stops and just trying to reflash and getting the same results reduced engine power and the p0606 code again I decided to flash the bone stock tune file back in. Seemed to be fine the rest of the way home after flashing in the stock file.

Corrupt tune file I am guessing?? I remember reading about these Bosch PCMs can get easily corrupt tune files at times. As with any vehicle I have tuned over the past decade I always flash in tune files with the radio, lights and ALL accessories off.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    This is the second time I've had a corrupt tune file on this car within the past few months, if that is indeed what's going on here. First time I didn't have any codes or the reduced engine power but the car just kept running kind of funky and not running good or "right". So started over with the stock file again and everything has been fine until today.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Potential Tuner
    Any updates as to what happened? I have a 2007 z06 with the dreaded P0606 code coming up!!

Advanced Tuner
    Are you doing a write entire or a write calibration? And battery voltage was good for the full write process?