Thread: 6r80e shift delay

Advanced Tuner

6r80e shift delay

Hello, im trying to tune a 2014 f-150 but i cant get the 1-2 shift right. Feels like there a long delay, it gets to the rpm it should shift and stays there for a little and then shifts. How can i get it to shift immediately? I didnt make a log but ill include the tune file thats currently on the truck.8. shift delay.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Did you ever figure this out?

I would suggest raising your ramp rates for the appropriate torque values. you can also reduce the boost pressure but the shifts will not be as firm. the shift doesn't start until boost pressure is achieved usually causing this delay.

Advanced Tuner
    Well i tuned a 2013 mustang that initially had the same problem after raising shift rpms and i played with it some time to get it correct but i am not sure which table did the trick as i adjusted more then one at the same time. I am fairly new to the ford transmission tuning so i still am not sure what table does what but i will get there. The problem with the f150 is that the guy is from a few hours away and i have not really had time to play with it. I will try what i can do with your suggestions.