Thread: Boost control 2006 roush f150

Potential Tuner

Boost control 2006 roush f150

I was wondering if someone can point me to where the SC boost control settings are for the 2006 Roush f150? I have searched the forum and the only place I have seen a reference to is the Engine | Airflow | General but I do not see anything for boost control there. Here is a pic.

I am wondering is this controlled with the Cylair idle filter, cylair WOT Multiplier, and Cylair Max Multiplier?
    Thanks

SC boost control.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhi View Post
    I was wondering if someone can point me to where the SC boost control settings are for the 2006 Roush f150? I have searched the forum and the only place I have seen a reference to is the Engine | Airflow | General but I do not see anything for boost control there. Here is a pic.

I am wondering is this controlled with the Cylair idle filter, cylair WOT Multiplier, and Cylair Max Multiplier?
    Thanks

SC boost control.jpg
    I assume you are talking about the boost bypass valve. In the old M90 Roush set ups for 3V F150s and Mustangs, Roush used the IMRC control to actuate a vacuum solenoid for the boost bypass valve. Thus keeping the bypass valve open at lower RPM until commanded shut. The did this for throttle transition reasons, as well as other concerns. It can be tuned without it, however if you want it to function like that you will need the IMRC switch turned on, and utilize a vacuum solenoid wired up the IMRC circuit to control your operation of the bypass valve.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply Sweet35th,
    I will look into the IMRC table and see what my options are. This at least points me in the right direction.

Here's a quote from Matt Honeycutt of HP Tuners about how the cyl air multipliers work.

"At WOT the load calculated by the MAF transfer function can NOT be more than the load calculated by LWFM * WOT Multiplier and it cannot be less than the Correction for MAX Aircharge. This can bite you in the tail when you start dealing with FI cars. If you do not raise these values, the Fuel calculation function picks the lower value from MAFTF vs LWFM, modified for correction, times these values. Which can be deciving by making the MAFTF appear to have no effect.

In my research, some tuners start setting these values to 1.99, which fixes the WOT problem (looks good on a dyno), however it hurts part throttle air anticipation. There are two ways to address this, there is the "proper" OEM way, and the "screw it lets get this bitch of the dyno" way.

Option 1: With the vehicle on a load bearing dyno. Run the vehicle at a constant throttle position, then record the load as RPM increases, then re-create the LWFM table with these values. For you PRP's this is way to much work, see option 2

Option 2: If you are 100% behind your MAFTF, then you can disable Anticipation Logic by setting "Anticipation Logic" to Zero. This disables anticipation logic and then only uses MAFTF for aircharge calculations.

BONUS: If you have a car that has ridiculous cams, and your 100% behind your MAFTF, set this to zero to help with tip ins.

One more thing I want to add on the FI subject. Its pretty common for people to move the ACT sensor after the blower, which in turn raises ACT's. There is a table called Voleff Correction for ECT&ACT. It modifies the load calculated by LWFM. It multiplies the LWFM by the corresponding value based on ECT&ACT. This should be addressed, as when ACT's get over 100F, these values should be lowered to better reflect the actual values."

Cheers,
    -Matt

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ng-bits-inside

Potential Tuner
    Thanks AKDMB some more good info.