Thread: 09 gt500 will not pass inspection monitors

Tuner in Training

09 gt500 will not pass inspection monitors

09 shelby gt500.hpt

Please help. Can anybody take a look at my tune. 09 GT 500 CAI, Long tube headers, high flow cats, meth, 2.6 inch pulley. Will not pass O2 and Cat monitors. Car was originally tuned by someone else with a handheld tuner (not sure what brand). Any ideas? Thanks.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    Rear 02'S are shut off. Does it even have rear o2's?

Under engine diag->exhaust try disabling O2Test/O2MIL and CatalystTest/CatalystMIL

Tuner in Training
    it does have rear 02,s, did you see in the tune that they are shut off? I was assuming that also but I don't see where they are shut off in the tune

Quote Originally Posted by RandomEnthusiast View Post
    Rear 02'S are shut off. Does it even have rear o2's?

Engine -> General -> O2 Sensors -> Rear Config

You have two options with the catalyst monitor. You can shut off the monitor via Engine Diag -> Catalyst or you can leave everything enabled and hope the high flow cats pass the stock catalyst threshold. There are threshold parameters in the PCM as seen in this link however they don't seem to be defined in your strategy. You can email support requesting it to be defined to which they may or may not define it depending on their stance on editing emissions pass/fail conditions.

If the state you're trying to get the monitors to pass in also require these to not be set to "Not Applicable" you may have to resort to cutting in a pair of green cats similar to what Kooks sells if you can't get access to catalyst threshold parameters.