Thread: Optimum Engine Torque table

Advanced Tuner

Optimum Engine Torque table

What's everyone's consensus on this table? I've tinkered with it on my car and didn't seem to make a bit of difference that I seen from my logs.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

i think its just for torque calculations

Advanced Tuner
    That's what my thoughts were on that table.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

i always wanted to see what would happen if i just took a chunk out of the whole table but since idk what it does for sure i left it alone lol

Advanced Tuner
    As codename Bil said in a thread he started about that table a couple years ago that it is indeed a torque limiting table which makes perfect sense.

Of course with the complex E69 the optimum torque table is going to work in conjunction with several other tables. Still with all that being said with changes made to other tables along with the optimum torque table it did not make any difference in my own personal car, which again is not an LNF but same PCM and basically the identical operating system.

I've been tuning for almost a decade now with an extensive background in LS applications as well as Ford and Dodge/Chrysler but this Bosch E69 PCM is a different kind of animal for sure that I am still learning. I definitely don't claim to completely understand it yet because I do not! Lol.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

yeah ive only been tuning for about a 7-8 months now and am working on my first lnf but have more experience with 2.2s and lsjs then lnfs

Set it all to 100%, retune vehicle. You will find that part throttle is VERY snappy. Control by limiting max torque table in low rpm 1st gear for smooth launch from a stop.

I also use the OT table to eliminate boost spikes on lift by reducing the high rpm low load cells to almost stock percentage levels.

I guess I do things a little differently than others. Your right foot is for power modulation, not the ecu.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    I guess I do things a little differently than others. Your right foot is for power modulation, not the ecu.

Right you are sir! I agree!
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Tuner
    Go to the 100 column and take it to 50. Then let's talk. You can go further down the table and lower too. There is more to this table.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by powermizer View Post
    Go to the 100 column and take it to 50. Then let's talk. You can go further down the table and lower too. There is more to this table.

Oh yea?? Interesting........
    Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 04-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.
    2017 Silverado LTZ