Thread: what setting to make VSS work on 2013 camaro using Front wheel sensor

what setting to make VSS work on 2013 camaro using Front wheel sensor

What setting in teh ECU need to be set so that I can use the Front wheel sensor for the Speedo

we have a car with a Transmission swap, and just want the speedo to work
    there is no TCM and there is no VSS on the transmission

we know that the ECU has VSS as pin 71/72

but we cant seem to get anything to make it read
    we currently are trying to use the Front wheel speed sensor tied to the VSS pin in the ECU

I think its just a setting in the ECU I need to change, but I dont know which one makes it read the VSS 71/72 pins
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Is the wheel speed sensor a square wave or sine wave signal? I had some issues with this on an E38 swap and discovered the output of the sensor I initially used wasn't compatible with what the PCM expected to see. Once I supplied the proper waveform, the PCM reacted and I was able to calculate the numbers I needed for the vehicle speed based on my error.

Quote Originally Posted by gofastwclass View Post
    Is the wheel speed sensor a square wave or sine wave signal? I had some issues with this on an E38 swap and discovered the output of the sensor I initially used wasn't compatible with what the PCM expected to see. Once I supplied the proper waveform, the PCM reacted and I was able to calculate the numbers I needed for the vehicle speed based on my error.

I actually just solved it today....
    it appears that the wheel speed sensors do not output the correct signal...
    I added a Driveshaft Collar and sensor and ran it straight to the VSS pins 71/72, and it works just fine now.
    Just have to throw it on the dyno and get the Speedo Correct (we have a speed lock setting on the dyno to make speedo calibration easier than going down the road and trying to rely on GPS accuracy)
    -Scott -