Thread: 97 Vortec 4.3 Turbo help

Potential Tuner

97 Vortec 4.3 Turbo help

I have acquired all the parts to turbo my 97 Silverado 4.3. I would like some guidance from others who have done this..Here's what I have so far.

Syclone/Typhoon exhaust manifolds and crossover
    Holset Turbo (should be interesting)
    50mm waste gate
    AEM Wide band gauge
    Boost gauge
    Inter cooler kit
    Marine intake
    LS throttle body
    oil lines ect
    0411 pcm with connectors

I need a baseline tune to hopefully get this thing going when I get everything installed. I want to start with 5-8 psi if anyone can shoot me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Eventually I would like more boost, I plan on building a built motor to install later.

This weekend I will get the manifolds installed and the turbo plumbed and mounted, waste gate installed and get the truck running without a charge pipe hooked up.. My front 02 sensors will have to be relocated and likely the rear completely deleted. (does HPT do this?)

Later I will install the intake manifold, unfortunately it came without fuel rails or injectors, I plan on getting a kit to build rails, and using Green Giant 42lbs and start the tuning process with HPT (I have yet to purchase these items yet) I'm very green here, not ever doing much more than simple TBI transplants..

I know I will probably need to upgrade my fuel pump, looking at a Walbro 400lph

Should I run a boost referenced regulator?
    Should I run maf? or a 2 or 3 bar map?
    There's so much info on this that it seems I can go either way its a bit confusing.

Any help is awesome!

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    You can also duplicate this thread and enter it into the V8 section as well. The 4.3 PCM is the same as what they use and tons of those guys have already done what you're about to be going through. I'm sure they will be able to offer valuable insight for your project.