Thread: Setting up a stand alone 6.0

Potential Tuner

Setting up a stand alone 6.0

Hello new tuning/forum family, I have just joined your community of hp tuners as of yesterday 3/29/2016. Im in love with the software and look forward to learning more. So with that being said, here we go.

I have done a search on this and couldnt find anything, even went to google. So if im asking this and the answer is right in front of my face,,, i apologize.

Anyway, I need to figure out what and how needs to be disabled to run a 2000 lq4/4l80e engine and trans only. Basically a stand alone setup. Running exactly how it does in the truck but without all the extras, and nothing from the interior. Im modifying my own harness with a pinout and diagram i found on lt1swap.com

Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

Im getting familiar with the software, Ive already put a tune from the repository on my 2001 Chevy Blazer v6 4.3 mud truck and made a noticable difference. I modified Fueling and timing and trans and elimated egr and torque management. This is a seperate project from the lq4 stand alone.

Also, is there a specific way to find tunes in the repository for stand alone or swap projects?

Thanks again!
    -onefastfreesoul

There really isn't much that you'll have to do.

Disable the VATS system so it starts and delete any codes that aren't part of your setup, like EVAP, EGR, A/C, rear o2 sensors (you'll want to keep the fronts).
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Turn off the codes for components you aren't using and thats it. You can change the tach resolution to match your tach (dunno if the original tach is 4/6/8 cylinder) and you can modify your speedo pulse output. I dunno what fan setup you are running as there are some options there.

I'd suggest listing out your setup in its entirety (gauges, cooling system, air conditioned or not ect) as well as what vehicle this will go in. There are a lot of things you have control over and a lot of stuff you do not. Most people dont know that you dont have to buy adapter boxes for gauges such as those sold from Dakota Digital as you can adjust outputs from the PCM for that stuff. As far as tuning, that is gonna be the same no matter what car its in.

Potential Tuner
    Thats the answers i was looking for. Thanks guys!