Thread: For fuel system #1 status it says "CL - fault"-what does this mean?

For fuel system #1 status it says "CL - fault"-what does this mean?

I pulled my race car apart for paint and put it all back together and now I am getting "CL-Fault" for Fuel System status. Any ideas what this means or what could be causing it?

Ok, I see it means Closed Loop Fault, which looks like it could be any number of things. I am suddenly not showing fuel pressure (low pressure side) but my sensor is new and the wiring from sensor to ecm has been checked and is good.

I double checked connections from sensor to ecm, they are good. I also checked all ground connections and they are good, too. I have a new sensor on the way but I sent a 5v signal on the signal wire to the ecm and it did nothing. Is there something I could be missing?

Ok, here is my log file. Notice how the fuel system status goes from CL-fault to OL accel/decel when I press the throttle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there a particular code?
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Great idea. I haven't checked the codes because it always has codes and I expect it to have the same codes now. But, I will check codes again tomorrow and post here. Maybe if there is a new code, it will answer my question

The codes are: P0036 HO2S HEATER CONTROL,P0097 IAT SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT LOW,P034B CRANK DIRECTION INCORRECT,P0443 EVAP, P0463 FUEL LEVEL SENSOR, P0480 FAN 1, P0481 FAN 2, P0807 CLUTCH POSITION, P11C2 HUMIDITY SENSOR. I understand all of these except the P034B crank direction incorrect, how does that happen?

UPDATE: On a whim, I loaded an older tune and just like that, the fuel sensor was recording correctly and the Fuel System status was Normal. The only problem is that the vehicle speed sensor doesn't work on the older tune. I did a tune compare between the two and changed everything over so the two match, but with the new tune it still has that same problem with the fuel sensor and status. Here's a video, maybe it will explain better: https://youtu.be/cTeJS-1zlhU
    Last edited by marksawatsky; 03-31-2016 at 08:38 PM.