Thread: LE5 E67 - WOT pull Big Spikes

LE5 E67 - WOT pull Big Spikes

I noted some significant spikes between 5500 and 6000 RPMs, at the torque sensor and injector DC. I circled the the spikes at the torque sensors in the picture below, however you can see it also follows the injector duty cycle pretty closely. There is a spike in the airmass, but doesn't follow the spikes perfectly.

Could this just be external factors like hitting bumps? I included a video of the actual pull, but it looks bumpy all around.

Video of pull: https://youtu.be/JmtiAzT6F7g

E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Advanced Tuner
    Is the MAF Calibration table smooth in that range? Not big jumps in the curve?
    I do see that your AFR goes richer than commanded but can't see how much richer it is going.
    Confirm MAF curve has very smooth transition through that range, well really the whole entire curve should be smooth.

Are you having any kind of break up in that area? Check plugs possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Is the MAF Calibration table smooth in that range? Not big jumps in the curve?
    I do see that your AFR goes richer than commanded but can't see how much richer it is going.
    Confirm MAF curve has very smooth transition through that range, well really the whole entire curve should be smooth.

Are you having any kind of break up in that area? Check plugs possibly.
    Here is the MAF table, I went full screen with it and it is obvious that it gets real rich at 10,500 Hz...I am catching up on tuning since last fall, I don't think I ever thought it would push this much air so I kept the steep curve there. Got to love methanol injection.

I think you figured it out what needs to be fixed, I will need to correct this airflow here and try again...as I was -11.5% error or 0.68 lambda
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, that curve does not look pretty. Definitely is going to be giving you issues with how rough that curve is.