Thread: New owner here, just got a few questions.

Potential Tuner

New owner here, just got a few questions.

So I just dropped the coin on the pro and holly shit is it different than my other software lol. Couple questions. Tuning an 01 t/a
    1Where's the normal open loop table?
    2How do I convert the tables I can find to show an estimated afr? I.e. ect vs. Rpm
    3In the scanning/logging software how do I get the factory o2s to spit out an afr instead of a voltage
    Also having a hard time getting the live tuning to work , but I might get it to work, I just haven't spent enough time with it yet. If it helps any most my experience has been with subaru software, some edelbrock, some fast, some mefi, and I'm just getting into motec. Thanks fellas!

Advanced Tuner
    Which version?
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Factory o2 sensors do not read in AFR on that vehicle. It's just 0-1000mv, you'll have to install a wideband if you want to know the true AFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by justhereforinfo View Post
    Which version?
    Don't know off the top of my head? I'd assume now that 3.0 is out they should be shipping that ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Factory o2 sensors do not read in AFR on that vehicle. It's just 0-1000mv, you'll have to install a wideband if you want to know the true AFR.
    your telling me that the software can't convert it?

It doesn't.

They are narrowband sensors that aren't designed to read like a real wideband. Narrowbands just read lean and rich of stoich and just switch back and forth to monitor and control fueling. You'll need a real wideband to fine tune fueling and for correct WOT tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.