Thread: Case / Crank Relearn Code P0315 questions

Potential Tuner

Case / Crank Relearn Code P0315 questions

I finally have my engine running pretty good but need some help, the only DTC I am getting right now is a P0315 Case learn error so I need to fix that.

My PCM is a 2004: Serv. No. 12586243 with Hwd. No. 12583659 (modified express Van tune)

I have the transmission mounted switch removed and all of the wiring for that out of the PCM.

The stock safety neutral switch on the column starts and works in standalone with the motor per factory specs bypassing the PCM.

The PRNDL setting in HPtuners is set to "none"

I'm gonna go ahead and set the PRNDL setting in HPtuners to P/N and wire an extra safety neutral switch to show ground in park on Pins 32 and 34 on the Blue Connector (The switch will be attached to the horseshoe shifter in my 71 camaro)

Does that sound correct? Or should I just wire to show ground in park on Pin 34 only?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Potential Tuner
    Ok, I ran the wires from the pins 32 and 34 on the blue connector and ran the wire to my console. I'm getting ready to put in the switch and need to verify the settings in HPtuner??

I want to make sure if I need to set the setting to P/N or PRNDL and if that is the only spot to change? I'm a little skeptical because I have been reading that those settings are just for the PRNDL dash indicators on the vehicles equipped with that feature.

Potential Tuner
    Nevermind, I got the information I needed on another site instead. I'm good now.

Thanks

Tuner in Training 67firebird455's Avatar
    What'd you end up finding out on this?
    67 Firebird - 4.8L, LS6 Cam, 6.0 heads, S476 T4-83mm, 9" w/3.25s, 3500 stall, TH400.

Potential Tuner
    On the setting for PNRDL, PN Only, or none......make that PN Only, then put Pin 34 on the blue connector to ground when the car is in park or neutral.

The makes the tune replicate a 98-02 Fbody setting that used a single P/N wire on the shifter versus the PRNDL switch that is mounted on the transmission for most everything else like truck engines and so forth

Most people leave that wire out and set it to "none" but by doing that case relearn won't work and some say it's better to show ground in park because there is a separate table for those settings. At least that what I have read on this.

Last edited by 1971camaroguy; 03-31-2016 at 06:02 AM.