Thread: Tester Needed

Tester Needed

Guys,

I am in need of someone to test a code modification that should allow for any Copperhead 5.0L to spin to ~8400 RPM without issue. If you are one of the guys on the cutting edge with an automatic car stuck with the issue of not being above to go over 7700 RPM. Please shoot me a private message.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

PM'd
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Senior Tuner
    Can I request a video of this if the test succeeds?

i'm for successful test results. I've got three cars out that would gladly come back for more RPM.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

I have a couple of guys testing now. I'll post the results (good or bad) when I have them.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

i feel bad spinning to 7500 lol. add another grand and ill be shitting LOL. someone spot me OPG's and ill feel better.

And....... It worked. We blew past the OEM ~7700 RPM limit without issue. Customer didn't want to go over 8,000 since it does not have billet oil pump gears, but this is an awesome result.

The cams stayed in place as well, and did not revert to 0.

AutoCopperhead.JPG
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Congrats on the great work Eric!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm guessing this will be a future OS option? What cars/strategies/PCM's specifically were hitting this "hard limit"? Awesome to see this work!

EVERY GT' Strategy has this background Rev limiter that can't be exceeded except for the Boss 302 which has a limit around 8200 and the VCT reverts to base timing of 0* cam timing (both cars) once 8000 is exceeded.

Also, you can't put a Boss 302 OS into an auto car so there is also that issue for auto cars that need to Rev higher (example, cobra jet manifold).

With HPT's Fix, any Copperhead 5.0L would be able to exceed that 7700 RPM limiter in the code, assuming testing reports back 100% successful.

This will be a HUGE advantage to using HP Tuners...
    Last edited by TunedByNishan; 03-30-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Cool thanks for the info! Any idea on the control pack PCM's? I thought I heard somewhere that they could go past 8000rpm, but wasn't sure about that. You're right about this being a big advantage for HPT assuming testing keeps going well.

I know when I run BOSS 302 strategies I can rev it up to 8200 RPM then it starts to limit me.

When I do this though, I have to spend 4 additional credits (6 total) to convert the strategy and it can only be done to manual cars since the Boss 302 is only manual OS.

I have auto cars that I have to leave stuck shifting at 7550-7600 to avoid tapping the hidden limiter in the code and these cars usually have CJ Intake's so revving to 8000 is paramount to be in the powerband for every shift.

Also, the VCT goes straight to 0 right after 8000 RPM regardless of what is being commanded on the Boss 302 strategy. I'm pretty sure the control pack PCM's would do the same (although I cannot confirm).

Overall, this would make HPT a superior product...
    Last edited by TunedByNishan; 03-30-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

great news!
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Spinning those rpm's!

Tuner
    What does the Ford Racing TI-VCT High RPM Competition Pulse Ring do? Do you still need this with the code change?

Edit: Guess the pulse ring is still a good idea:
    https://youtu.be/sVZcmaFTI3Y

Also, do the 2015's have anything in the background preventing rpm going up to 8500rpm?

Thanks
    Last edited by Plimmer; 04-02-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TunedByNishan View Post
    I know when I run BOSS 302 strategies I can rev it up to 8200 RPM then it starts to limit me.

When I do this though, I have to spend 4 additional credits (6 total) to convert the strategy and it can only be done to manual cars since the Boss 302 is only manual OS.

I have auto cars that I have to leave stuck shifting at 7550-7600 to avoid tapping the hidden limiter in the code and these cars usually have CJ Intake's so revving to 8000 is paramount to be in the powerband for every shift.

Also, the VCT goes straight to 0 right after 8000 RPM regardless of what is being commanded on the Boss 302 strategy. I'm pretty sure the control pack PCM's would do the same (although I cannot confirm).

Overall, this would make HPT a superior product...
    I have a control pack that is pulling pretty cleanly to 8200 then banging into a limiter (which is supposed to be set to 8400). Looks like the cams are staying put, though I can't seem to find the right PID to log exhaust cam angles anymore for some reason. It's a manual trans car FWIW. Here's a datalog.

Dyno 0002.hpl

Quote Originally Posted by Plimmer View Post
    What does the Ford Racing TI-VCT High RPM Competition Pulse Ring do? Do you still need this with the code change?

Edit: Guess the pulse ring is still a good idea:
    https://youtu.be/sVZcmaFTI3Y

Also, do the 2015's have anything in the background preventing rpm going up to 8500rpm?

Thanks
    The TC-1791 has no issue going that high.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

This feature has been added and is available for Mustang OSIDs that require it for getting above 8,000 RPM. Closing thread.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC