Thread: Anyone care to look at my tune? Im not 100% done but......(v2.24)

Tuner

Anyone care to look at my tune? Im not 100% done but......(v2.24)

This is my first ever tune. I'll take all constructive criticism. Vehicle is a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L H/C/E 4L60e and convertor are both stock also.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't really see anything that just screams at me for being wrong anyway.

But I have just a few personal things I prefer I guess. Your PE setup is just odd to me, you have it enable with no MAP kpa value but with 100% throttle and 100% enable torque with all your torque management pretty much disabled. I think it's better to keep the stock KPA value and lower the TPS to around 60-80% and have the enable torque at 80% aswell to make sure it comes into PE quickly and safer. Because what if you are at 95% throttle and building rpm fast and it starts to knock because you are still only commanding stoich because you PE enable isn't untill 100%.

And your transmission shift speed is actually faster than the 4L60e can even shift in real time. Because that tranmission is stock, I would dial it back some for sure. Think more so around .200-.250 for shift speed and work with your shift pressure some to firm up shifts. Don't go crazy on a stock 4L60e, it won't like it. Maybe adjust by 5-15% in a truck. Also get yourself a corvette servo for it aswell, they are only 20 bucks from oregon performance and help alot.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    5FDP
    Thanks for the feed back.
    I'm actually right now having trouble dialing in MAF table. Maybe the PE issues you mentioned are part of the problem. I will correct those and follow your suggestions.
    I was not liking the way the transmission was shifting. I was going to address this issue next. I'll get a servo and change the transmission settings. I'm headed back outside to see what I can come up with.

Servo Change

Just an FYI:
    Most trucks with the 4L60E,4L65E already have the Corvette Servo installed from the factory.My 2005 with a L33 had it already.You can check online with Nalley GMC parts.Link: http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/ It might save you from changing it needlessly.
    Last edited by Earwax; 03-26-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Link

I can see maybe the upgraded 4L65e having it, but every 4L60e that I've messed with never had one installed from the factory that was on a truck. My 2006 sierra didn't have one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I will know here in a few days. I already have the new servo. When I swap it I'll let yall know what I have.