Thread: looking to tune MAF

Tuner

looking to tune MAF

How do I log dynamic airflow vs. Maf freq? Is this a log I have to create?

Tuner in Training
    It should be a histogram that is already created for you in HP tuners. Load a histogram, or in 3.0 a graph, and look for the preconfigured ones in your Documents/HP Tuners. I know 2.24 has a lot of them preconfigured for you. And in 3.0 you can load most of them in just as you would in 2.24. If you have 3.0, what i did was install 2.24 on another computer and just copy the preconfigured graphs(histograms) onto a flash drive.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMeskin View Post
    How do I log dynamic airflow vs. Maf freq? Is this a log I have to create?
    I just tuned my maf a couple days ago so if you need help, its still fresh in my mind. I did my VE table first using fuel trims up to 4000 rpm, then did the maf after that.
    2000 WS6 M6 swap, 6.0 LQ4, Home ported 243 heads, Howards 226/232 .580 112, home made turbo kit, VS7875, D&D T56, Monster Stage 3, Strange S60, 580whp @ 8psi. 100% built and tuned by me.

Tuner
    I'm actually running the 2.24 right now. I haven't jumped to v3.0 yet. I want to finish this tune before I make the move. This is my first tune and I'm confused as it is.
    Thanks for offering the help. I'll gladly take what ever info you want to share. This is what I did...

-First off I tuned my complete VE table using the STFT only method. I tuned it up to 6k rpm. I feel confident that it is well lined out.
    -For the MAF I used a histogram config I picked up from EC_tune in the config/histogram thread. It had a nice histogram that measured stft vs. MAF (Hz) and a few other things but this is the main table in the hist that I used.
    -I drove all over the place with the stft vs. MAF hz histogram set to (C) "counts". I even forced a specific gear and drove with the rpm's in specific cells to make sure I got 150+ counts in each cell. I covered the 2000hz range up to about the 6500hz range. I then stopped scanning and changed the (C) counts setting to (A) Average. I then copied that table and paste by % to the MAF Airflow vs. Freq table and calibrated it into the VCM. I did this twice.

Sound about right? What method did you use? If you need me to explain anything that I wrote let me know. I dunno where your sitting with the terminology and what not.

This is the "tutorial" I used....