Thread: 2.9 pulley low boost

Tuner in Training

2.9 pulley low boost

hi, im running stage 2 tune from repository, i have 2.9 pulley with overzised tensioner and i only see 12 psi of boost, can be the tune? i live at 6600 feet above the sea. thanks in advance

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Check for leaks and verify recirculation valve is not broken.
    Then work om torque management section of tune as it has boost limiting elements that can cause boost bleed through the electronic side of the bypass Valve.

Tuner in Training
    can iat boost cause that? because is a 90%

it can cause that depending on its set activity control.
    there is a lot in TM that can cause low boost.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    this is my last log and my tuneall tables boost.hptpulley 2.9 all boost.hpl

Tuner in Training
    its everything ok?

no your commanding way lean 13:1 afr at 3000 rpm by 4750 your commanding rich at 11:1 and by 5000 your well under the desired afr at 10.8:1
    enrichment ramp rate is slow...most max it out and call it a day
    your maf sensor is disabled until 7000 rpm which means if you are trying to maf tune then its not happening period. maf fail high value in hz under engine diagnostics gets set to whichever style of tuning you are doing. ve tuning gets set to 0 and maf tuning/everyday with maf active gets max value (16,384)

i would highly suggest reading through the LSJ tuning guide as your user input values are commanding vastly incorrect data.
    TM looks fine, in fact its set to allow a supercharger to spool at pulley speed. which leads me to believe you have an intake leak or a bypass valve malfunction. if you bypassed the factory boost control valve with a hard lined mechanical controller and you got boost then i would bet money your problem is in the system you bypassed.
    your ve table looks a little chunky but again that would take you back to LSJ tuning guide to straighten it out properly.

i noticed in your tune the idle is hunting on the ignition. you need to play with both your fueling table and your ignition tables to get it to settle out.
    the computer does not account for trimming during power enrichment so once its enabled you can see the trims flat lined...you should have a wideband O2 plugged in and using it to verify your wot afr. usually people trim the maf sensor and call it a day but you can trim the ve table completely without problems as well...your choice.
    you didnt record knock retard so i cant tell if your ignition settings are safe or not. either way you need to sort all your fueling issues out first.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks for all infomation, can i use the stock tune for now?

i would bet it is safe enough to drive on but anything under boost is going to run lean

Tuner in Training
    ok, or you have a gm stage 2 or zzp because i dont know if the repository stage 2 tune is the correct tune

i do not keep lsj files anymore, maybe another forum member can offer you a stock file.
    if the repository states stock gms2 then thats what it would be.

Tuner in Training
    ok thanks for your time and info