Thread: Idle Air Control (IAC) Mode...RPM Ctrl ---> Lockout

Tuner

Question Idle Air Control (IAC) Mode...RPM Ctrl ---> Lockout

Car is a 2010 GT500 with Whipple Elliptical TB, a VMP Gen II TVS (23-24lbs), and a JLT 148mm CAI. ID1000s with e85 and triple hat return style system

Something WEIRD just happened when I was datalogging warm start and idle. Idle and other numbers were all close to where I like and so I just let the car idle for a few minutes longer. All was good BUT the Idle Adapt (STIT) was trending from + 0.20 towards zero over a few minutes then it kept going to - 0.15 then all of a sudden Idle Air Control (IAC) Mode switched from RPM Ctrl to Lockout and idle rose from 750-800 to 1000 and held for many minutes and never came down. It then threw a P0507 code. I checked all temp vs idle tables and such and don't see a temp that would've triggered it. AFR, STFT, LTFT, O2 voltage, MAF all good right before the switch. When the rpms rose, spark dropped from 11 at idle to 7.5 and held for a second then dropped to 0. Fuel trims didn't move much at all. MAF went from 1.01 lb/min to 1.33lb/min for a second (following the spark) down to 1.46 lb/min.

Any ideas on what to look for?

While in RPM CTRL
    Before.JPG

While in LOCKOUT
    After Lockout.JPG

Senior Tuner
    Verify your injector data. LTFT sitting at idle should not be 4-5% and before I tell you to tune your MAF/map/Sd airflow I want to make sure you have the proper injector data.
    Last edited by murfie; 03-13-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Verify your injector data. LTFT sitting at idle should not be 4-5% and before I tell you to tune your MAF/map/Sd airflow I want to make sure you have the proper injector data.
    I will check the injector data Murfie but what does the injector data have to do with the Idle Air Control (IAC) Mode going from RPM Ctrl to Lockout?