Thread: How do you adjust oil pressure?

How do you adjust oil pressure?

My LHU has a variable pressure oil pump and I can only find one place in the HPT program that deals with oil pressure. So far I have not been able to alter the oil pressure and my mechanical gauge says that I have over 100 psi at higher rpm.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you dont...please stop duplicating threads.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by marksawatsky View Post
    My LHU has a variable pressure oil pump and I can only find one place in the HPT program that deals with oil pressure. So far I have not been able to alter the oil pressure and my mechanical gauge says that I have over 100 psi at higher rpm.
    You can engineer one yourself I suppose, find a pressure relief valve that can handle oil and high temps, this will dump excess pressure once it reaches a per-determined pressure. Of course, dump it back into the oil pan.

I am curious here, does the VVT need this higher pressure to function?
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

I was informed that this high pressure was normal and I don't need to adjust anything. Even in the instructions for the GM LTG crate engine, it mentions that the oil pressure can be adjusted if the customer wants but the default high pressure is just fine

Quote Originally Posted by marksawatsky View Post
    I was informed that this high pressure was normal and I don't need to adjust anything. Even in the instructions for the GM LTG crate engine, it mentions that the oil pressure can be adjusted if the customer wants but the default high pressure is just fine
    We've reached a new age in the automotive industry when customers can choose their oil pressure, imagine how Henry Ford's engineering team would react to this =)
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

As I told you...

The only possibility is to change the spring in the pressure relief valve...
    But why would you do that?

The Rest of it with Software etc. is bullshit.