Thread: Problems with 05 mustang gt

Advanced Tuner

Problems with 05 mustang gt

Ok I'm gonna post this all over again over here in the Ford part of the forum to see if any of you have had this problem.
    Every time I try to tune an 05 mustang I have a problem reading or writing to the Pcm.

1st car was an 05 GT Spanish Oak 1024k Operating System FBJR3G5 this car had an SCT installed on it. Without returning the car back to stock I read the PCM. The read went fine and it is on my laptop fine but when you try to start the car it wouldn't do anything you have lines on the message screen this is the same thing it does when the pcm is communicating with anything. Well I unplug the battery and let it set for 10mins then the car started back. Looks like it got its memory back but the sct can no longer read it or set it back to stock its like when the hp tuners unit read the pcm it changed something.

2nd car was also an 05 GT Spanish Oak 1024k I don't have the Operating system for this car. Same kind of issue but now this is a customer car so I go ahead and set the car back to stock with there sct tuner. Then I read the car and it does the same thing as above the car isn't communicating so I unplug It and plug it back in and it cranks so we decided not to try to tune it I was using the beta software at the time and thought that might be something to do with it.

3rd Car is a also an 05 GT Spanish Oak 1024k Operating system FBJR3G5. This is a customer car that is in the shop right now it had a cam install and FRPP manifold. This car had an SCT tune in it also. I returned it back to stock then read the computer and after I got done reading the pcm it was communicating fine, the car would turn over and everything. Well I made a start up tune for the cams and intake and began to load it. It went through the process of erasing the started to do the writing process. The write process only took 45 secs on a write entire and it usually takes 1min 45 at least. After it got done writing it wouldn't start and lines in the message center like its not communicating with the PCM. I tried rewriting several times and it just does the same thing. It will let me continue to try and rewrite no problem but its like its not accepting it. Also nothing can read the PCM I can just write to it.

I put in a tech support for the 1st car months back and I got the answer along the lines like there is an electrical issue and I also posted this issue in the vcm suite forum and have got the answer that it looks like there is something still hooked to the OBD. I do not see how on 3 separate cars that there is this magical electrical issue or obd issue when everything was in working order before hand and the Sct device worked fine. Would it have something to do with the Operating system 2 of them are the same FBJR3G5 I don't have the other car cause I don't have the read file anymore but I think there is something wrong with the software and this OS I thing there were only 2 OS in 2005. If any of you guys have any insight to this because this car is just setting here seems like its bricked to me and its supposed to have been tuned and out the door today.

Banned
    1. Reading out SCT files is a very bad idea, even when you return it back to stock with the SCT device, it may not be 100% back to factory, and this can cause issues.

2. If the o/s was changed in the PCM, this can also cause issues as the equizzer is changed.

Please post up your reads and debug.dat so we can have a look.

_Matt

Advanced Tuner
    It will be later tonight before I can get back to the shop today I will post the read....and is the debug.Dat what is under calibration info correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Also would it be wise to start setting the computers back to stock with ford oasis after returning it to stock with the sct software

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the read file...I will have to hook up to the car to get the debug.dat and click on the vcm suite information button correct?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH@HPTuners View Post
    1. Reading out SCT files is a very bad idea, even when you return it back to stock with the SCT device, it may not be 100% back to factory, and this can cause issues.

2. If the o/s was changed in the PCM, this can also cause issues as the equizzer is changed.

Please post up your reads and debug.dat so we can have a look.

_Matt
    Whatever became of this? What is the proper way to read/work with one if you dont know the PCMs history so HPTuners doesnt brick it
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere