Thread: E78 Cruze/Sonic Flex Fuel Tuning

Advanced Tuner

E78 Cruze/Sonic Flex Fuel Tuning

Hello, has anyone installed a flex fuel sensor onto the 1.4L Turbo cars?

Looking for some insight on your setup?

Looking into installing the Bosch Green Giant 42lb/hr Injectors and a Flex Fuel Unit. Not sure if I want to purchase from Vermont Tuning, BNR, or do something on my own.

And as for tuning side of it, did you have to do any other changes other than enabling the flex fuel tabs?

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    Dont use those injectors, find some better ones if you can.

Should just be able to set the sensor type, sanity check all flex-fuel tables, adjust stoich table (cant remember if they're configured already from the factory, havent looked at that table in mine in a while), and tune.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Dont use those injectors, find some better ones if you can.

Should just be able to set the sensor type, sanity check all flex-fuel tables, adjust stoich table (cant remember if they're configured already from the factory, havent looked at that table in mine in a while), and tune.
    Do they just have terrible spray pattern? Which would be poor for idle and driveability.

I see BNR off some 52lb/hr injectors for these cars. Not sure if they are any better.

I am a huge fan of I.D. injectors, if they offered a smaller injector. I would look into a set from them, being I get good pricing on them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Do they just have terrible spray pattern? Which would be poor for idle and driveability.

I see BNR off some 52lb/hr injectors for these cars. Not sure if they are any better.

I am a huge fan of I.D. injectors, if they offered a smaller injector. I would look into a set from them, being I get good pricing on them.
    Yes on spray pattern IMHO.

No idea what base injector BNR is using for their 52lb/hr setup. I'm an ID fan as well, but even ID725s would be huge for the 1.4. Something in the 600-650 range would be fantastic.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    obviously this listing is too many injectors than need but the split stream spray is preferred for multi valve motors
    http://texas-speed.com/p-3995-fic-fl...injectors.aspx
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Did you reach a solution on this? I'm compiling a thread over on the Sonic Owner's Forum to try to shed some light on this install. As far as injectors, I have a set lined up that I'm going to try but I don't want to spill the beans on it until I'm sure it will work.
    04 C5 Z06 - Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by nickalltogether View Post
    Did you reach a solution on this? I'm compiling a thread over on the Sonic Owner's Forum to try to shed some light on this install. As far as injectors, I have a set lined up that I'm going to try but I don't want to spill the beans on it until I'm sure it will work.
    Thanks for your write up! I used it to hook a flex fuel sensor on my chevy spark. I also put a walbro450 in and some recapped 80lb injectors in. I'm working on installing a cruze turbo before spring. Thanks again!