Thread: LQ4 On3 Turbo kit O2 sensor feedback

LQ4 On3 Turbo kit O2 sensor feedback

Hey guys I've got a vehicle I've been building for a customer. The truck is an 2002 GMC Yukon Denali AWD. We put a universal GM truck On3 single turbo kit on the truck. After finally getting it together and sorting everything out, time has come to tune it. The way the kit is setup, one O2 sensor is after the drivers side manifold like stock. The other passenger O2 sensor is in the downpipe. I can imagine that having the sensor there is going to throw off bank to bank fuel corrections and I can already see it fueling very odd at idle. Now besides moving the O2 sensor, is there a way in the tune to turn off one O2 and apply corrections from the other sensor to both banks? I have the 2 Bar SD OS in it right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuning Addict
    Not 100%, but I don't think HP gives you the ability to change the number of O2's like SCT or some others do? There may be another way around it, but I think I would just relocate it back to pre turbo as bank 1 is.... This way it's not perfect, but you do at least have bank to bank control....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Would that give you bank to bank control though? bank 1 would then be feeding through bank two exactly like it already is; just pre turbo. I've been looking at a few truck kits recently and notice that they are all setup like this. Can't be correct because the bank 2 O2 sensor always sees both banks.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I used the same kit on my 89 c1500 4.8 swapped once I did the ve tuning and setup the pe and be properly the fueling came back to normal put the o2s where on3 wants them and try it it worked for me I also have a wideband in the downpipe

Potential Tuner
    hello i have the on o3kit as well i was thinking the same thing .about moving it to the bank2 before the turbo .at idle im seeing 4 percent add to bank two at idle and it smells rich but wide bank reads 14.5-14.7 did you use the injectors they sell with kit bosh frpp 47 sold to me as 55ibs injectors at 58 psi there ford but how do you scale them for gm offset .thanks thought might be able help with my tune.

Potential Tuner
    the on3 kit is seprate till it bends and merges in the turbo .so it is possible to seprate bank one and bank two on mine .

Tuner in Training
    O2 sensor readings change with pressure. Having an o2 preturbo would need other hardware to output the correct AFR.