Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HOW TO: Setup Wideband / External sensor in VCM Scanner V3 (With PRO Interface)

Advanced Tuner
    Is there anyway to add the wide band through the a/c port with version 3 like we used to with version 2.24, I'm having a really hard time learning version 3 its so complicated and way different then 2.24!! I want to set it up to build my Ve in a virtual Ve E67 pcm, sounds imposable and very difficult, what happened to our pre loaded histograms? Why doesn't version 3 have pre loaded graphs then? if the graphs are what you have renamed histograms to? So confused, can import or convert histograms to graphs? Man oh man I miss 2.24!!

Preloaded doesn't exist in V3. They barely worked in 2.24 for only a few applications and hadn't been updated in ages.

It's literally like 2 settings and copying/pasting two things. It couldn't be much easier to setup "histograms" in the new version.

And yes you can run the wideband in through the AC port but it's a bigger pain to do it that way. Do some searching, I'm pretty sure mowtown has posted how to do it

Advanced Tuner
    Why not sticky it then, if you can still set up through ac port! I don't have another option! My interface doesn't have I/o a

Great another thing to learn... Harder then before how nice??!!!! Why must it be more complicated why change something that worked?

And for the love of.. Someone update the gen iv e67 tunning page then I've waisted my time reading how to use the blue cat ve tool for nothing it doesn't even work any more, and histograms are only talked about no one mentions graphs!! I'm gonna be made to feel stupid then update things so I don't waiste my time and others asking about things that no longer exist

Ranting because you don't know how to do something is the last thing that you should be doing if you want help

If you want to use the old version then use it instead

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry its just felt like some people were upset with me for not magically knowing how to use the new system. Maybe I copped a bit of a attitude, cause I'm stressed out and frustrated, and taking it out on the wrong people.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Ranting because you don't know how to do something is the last thing that you should be doing if you want help

If you want to use the old version then use it instead

Please read post #28 I'm trying to redeem myself, while hopefully helping others thanks -Jamie
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...632#post469632

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Preloaded doesn't exist in V3. They barely worked in 2.24 for only a few applications and hadn't been updated in ages.

It's literally like 2 settings and copying/pasting two things. It couldn't be much easier to setup "histograms" in the new version.

And yes you can run the wideband in through the AC port but it's a bigger pain to do it that way. Do some searching, I'm pretty sure mowtown has posted how to do it
    I searched mowtown ac port and this was all that came up, would you mind telling me what to search? is it mowtown with a number or something at the end? Just trying to help myself, and others who might need this info, thanks -Jamie

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I searched mowtown ac port and this was all that came up, would you mind telling me what to search? is it mowtown with a number or something at the end? Just trying to help myself, and others who might need this info, thanks -Jamie
    Its Mowton, not Mowtown, lol that why I couldn't,t find it. here is a link I think.. gonna watch the video now
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...fined-Wideband

mmmm that ones not for a/c
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; 01-30-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Its Mowton, not Mowtown, lol that why I couldn't,t find it. here is a link I think.. gonna watch the video now
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...fined-Wideband

mmmm that ones not for a/c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_2M2uGSKs

Here is is!!

Yep that looks like it to me!

Quote Originally Posted by wetcoast View Post
    For those of you with an NTK AFRM...... i took about an hour to brush up on my algebra and this is what I got for my V3.0 user defined transform to report lambda betwe 0.62 and 1.37

(Input/5.291) + 0.5255 = Output (in lambda)
    Might want to check your math. I think it should be 5.333, not 5.291.

1/((1.37-0.62)/(4.5-0.5))

Potential Tuner
    WOW
    schpenxel thank you so much for taking the time to create this post. Today i put to work my LM2 with my HP tuners and following your instructions was so simple. Thanks again! THIS SHOULD BE STICKY POST.

Potential Tuner
    hey, wierd thing im having is the idle AFR is 100% correct and shows the same as the hp tuners, but on WOT its way off.. any help guys? (shows way leaner on hp tuners, instead of 11.5 on wideband gauge it shows 15-16 AFR on hp tuners but idle is just fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by orel40 View Post
    hey, wierd thing im having is the idle AFR is 100% correct and shows the same as the hp tuners, but on WOT its way off.. any help guys? (shows way leaner on hp tuners, instead of 11.5 on wideband gauge it shows 15-16 AFR on hp tuners but idle is just fine.)
    Having same issues , did you find the problem since ? Or someone else ...

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone successfully got a Motec PLM wideband O2 sensor controller to function on VCM scanner via serial port? If so, how did you get it work?

The data protocol seems as if its the same as a AEM 4110 - 9600 baud, 8 data bit, no parity, 1 stop bit.