Thread: Late to the party. LNF tuning

Potential Tuner

Late to the party. LNF tuning

Hey all, I've been lurking around here for months. Finally pulled the trigger on the MVPI pro. Not new to tuning, but definitely a noob on the LNF. I've read through all the old threads and realize I'm definitely late to the party! I'm trying to get this 3.0 scanner sorted out. Working off of 5 year old threads doesn't help much...

I'm tuning my wife's 08 HHR SS. I installed a drop in LDK with a bullseye 256ET along with the stage 3 bolt ons from ZZP. Right now I have the 385HP base tune. I'd like to start by dialing in my MAF and slowly tinker with the rest.

The issue I'm having is I upgraded to 3.0 before I tried reading/saving my tune with 2.24. It seems like everyone is just going back to the earlier release.

Once I noticed the scanner was different I wanted to just go back to 2.24. I can't seem read the vcm through the 2.24 editor. I get an error stating the vcm cannot connect when I try reading with 2.24.

I'm not understanding why I can't connect the vcm editor with 2.24. Is it because I've already scanned using 3.0? I bought the license and still have 6 remaining credits.

I either need to figure out the scanner in 3.0 or get my tune read in 2.24.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Advanced Tuner
    I'd recommend working on figuring out the scanner in 3.0. I have 2.24, 2.25Beta and 3.0 and just started messing with the scanner in 3.0 but haven't really had enough time to do much with it. I know they call histograms something else but its supposedly all there and it supposed to be easier to configure than 2.24.

I installed 3.0 on a second tuning computer so I wouldn't mess up 2.24 and 2.25 on my main tuning laptop and while I've been able to get it somewhat set up, I have a few things that I haven't figured out myself and won't be able to until I get more time to play with it.