Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who needs help with LNF's

Advanced Tuner
    Just stop driving or even starting the car. If a stock tune is causing that, then something is mechanically wrong, and you need to figure out what that is. Your car is not controlling fuel at all which is why it is pegged. Has nothing to do with the intake. I would start looking at wiring and sneakers and see what is messed up.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylelv8 View Post
    I've been trying to tune my MAF for the Hahn intake that came on my car because the guy who tuned apparently couldn't. I was getting around -30% STFT and LTFT pretty much all the time. I used the method that BYT and CSSOB posted but I think since most of my pids are reading in the negatives, it's not correctly adjusting them, if that sounds right. Honestly, i'm new at this and I'm not trying to make money from anyone, so I'd appreciate any heads up I can get. Plus, even with very mild or stock spark tables and cam tables, I've been getting KR all over the place. The guy that tuned my car (before I bought it) had the PE tables set up at .77!
    if you can post your tune file that would be wise. all the guys that contribute will post what they see as an issue to help you out.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    What's crazy is I bought the car in 2012 and never even read the tune until last week, when I got my hands on the MVPI. I don't know how it held up this long haha. But I had a stock intake I bought online on it for the last couple of days and the trims from some tunes off the repository got it really close and I wasn't having the issue. Out of curiosity, I put the Hahn back on and it's doing the same thing it used to (crazy LTFT). I've attached my tune but be forewarned, It's a mix of what I've read, seen, and a little of what I've done. The tune I attached is actually closer to 15% LTFT now, but I still don't have the process down as I used one from a tune that I saw. First HIstogram is a long drive with the other MAF frequencies (that came with the car), the second is one I found that had the same intake.
    Attached Files Attached Files

the maf has an airflow direction arrow on...it didnt by change get put in backwards? happens to the best of us, just making sure.

desired airload is way too high. you can achieve your goals by using numbers under 255. anything over 255 gets erratic and hard to tune.

taper pe off to .86 by 5k until dyno can verify motor wants to be that lean.

you need to log boost pressure (lo res) preferably in kpa because its easier to calculate off of. with those dals and commanded wg% i would expect this to be boosting in the 28-32 psi range but because that parameter is not being logged i can not calculate properly.
    back your wg % off to 70% until you have the correct data logging in the scanner and have your fuel tuning issue figured out. Never run desired boost when trying to solve a global fueling problem.

some intakes require a large offset in teh maf in order to run properly so if everything runs fine on a stock intake system and mechanically everything checks out with the new one i would tune away and see if it is able to be adjusted back into range. note: i would not adjust away until i could verify i had no leaks or mechanical issues with the new kit.

Tuner in Training
    yeah I made sure, it only goes on one way on the stock intake and I mimicked it on the hahn.

Tuner in Training
    I'll try this and report back, I'm using 3.0 if that makes a difference and also I put a junkyard lhu in it, but the trims were the same before that. I didn't know if the cams or injectors were different though. the ols engine broke the crank pulley and shot all of the oil out on the interstate through the front seal.

none of that makes any major changes. the lhu has slightly bigger injectors but that isnt going to throw fuel off by 30% especially when a stock intake was trimming fine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    none of that makes any major changes. the lhu has slightly bigger injectors but that isnt going to throw fuel off by 30% especially when a stock intake was trimming fine.
    I tried the method that is in your maf thread again but only paste multiplied a couple times and and drove it and it seems to have got slightly closer. Ito hard to tell because I didn't have time to do a full log with interstate cruising. in the ltft+stft vs maf graph my numbers are negatives, I also have it displayed as a number not a percentage and with 4 decimals. they all seem to be around -1.08xx. I'd try making more pics but I guess on v3 some don't work, like boost sensor low res.

Tuner in Training
    as an update:
    I re-read the thread you guys made and realized I was doing a couple things wrong, mainly I was trying to adjust too much at one time without driving. I think the trims were so skewed originally that my trims were maxed out, after about 5 logs and adjustments, it's holding between 5 and -5 at cruise and still lean at idle and wot but I'm dialing that in now. I'd like to mess with the os tables at some point too but for now I'll research more into that so I'm not fighting myself trying to get it right. thanks for sharing all of the knowledge guys, I'd never be able to do it on my own.

great job mate

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    you need to log boost pressure (lo res) preferably in kpa because its easier to calculate off of.
    What is the difference in calculating boost off of Manifold/Baro and Boost Pressure (low res)/Baro? Is boost Pressure (low res) reading from the TMAP in the lower charge pipe? I get a different reading with Boost Pressure (low res) when compared to the Manifold MAP sensor.

I've tried to search for this but can't find anything differentiating the two.
    Last edited by CarsonTech; 04-01-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Boost low resolution is the charge pipe map and it is the accurate boost sensor after iirc 10 psi... the two actually cross over each other at a certain boost pressure. The formula we normally use is lores-101kpa.

Tuner
    Thanks Mike. I am being patient on this. Hopefully there are more that are in need of this than me on your fifth injector findings.
    Last edited by powermizer; 04-03-2016 at 03:57 PM.

is there a way to log the stock wideband in lambda? or just by fuel trims?

your looking for a sensor named wb lambda b1 iirc

You mean this? I know its basically the same thing just wanna make sure Screenshot (77).png