Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Who needs help with LNF's

Advanced Tuner
    Tom, good question. Is it Auto (Solstice or Sky) or is it a manual? Manual is a lot easier and requires less steps.

Tuner in Training
    cobalt ss. so manual

Advanced Tuner
    Go to "Fuel" then sub tab "Cutoff DFCO". Change those RPM tabs. If you watch the videos CSSOB made, he'll show you how to adjust them.

Tuner in Training
    I figured that was how, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't any more tables hiding somewhere.

Tuner in Training
    do you know what one of his videos he shows it, there is non that says rev limit

Advanced Tuner
    For the most part, just raise every table to the RPM you want. If the table is already higher, then just leave it alone. Change the fuel cutoff to 150 instead of 50. I would t recommend going above 7000rpm. I would even error on the side of caution and keep it at 6800. That's only if I was big turbo. If I was stock I would put it at 6500rpm and that is only because I wouldn't want to accidentally hit the limiter. I would shift before that high though.

Tuner in Training
    what does the 150 cutoff do? I don't know what that's for lol. I have it at 6800 now and hit it sometimes, don't usually go that high, but id like it at 7000 cause I don't like hitting it at 6800, I rarely go that high though, usually 6500 and I shift.

Advanced Tuner
    Raising it to 150 is just so you don't hit fuel cutoff. If you are on stock turbo, I would never go that high. No benefit and it just stresses the motor for no reason.

Tuner in Training
    zfr

Advanced Tuner
    Then I would set it at 7000, and shift at 6800. If you want to risk it you could go higher, but it's better to just upgrade and then do it. The ZFR I don't prefer on a Cobalt, but since you have it, you might as well use the RPM properly.

Tuner in Training
    ya I wont risk anything higher than that. I like it on the balt, hauls ass. it would by nicer on a rwd but the solstice and sky were to impractical for me. I get great traction in summer with my tires, winter on the other hand, spin right through 3rd lol. I did hook in 3rd till I started spraying meth and bumped timing to 17 degrees. gave it a kick in the pants.

Advanced Tuner
    Just keep in mind, anyone can make a car faster in a tune. Not everyone can make that car run perfect.

Tuner in Training
    my tune was written by terminator2, I'm learning how to tune and run my modifications by kmo43 who I'm friends with, both excellent lnf tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Never heard of him. I would have started with a stock tune if you are trying to learn. Just my opinion. I always think starting with stock is best to learn.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, I meant I don't know who kmo43. I know who Terminator is.

Tuner in Training
    He is well known on cobalt forums . Ya first I wanna get my tune good. But, I blew my 3rd gear today so that will have to wait.

Advanced Tuner
    Is that his name on those forums? I'm never on there so I don't know anything about him.

Tuner in Training
    yup

Advanced Tuner
    No one wants help with any table? I will give free advice and even include tables, and no one jumps at it? Everyone complains that we hold onto so much info, and they demand we share tunes, and I'm offering full details on how tables work and no one asks any questions.

I will probably have some questions soon depending on how different it is from lsj