Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: AEM 30-0300 Wideband with direct CAN integration W/ VCMScanner. Need beta testers.

Tuner in Training
    1. Maybe, maybe. But all my tunes what I was made using the LSU 4.9 and with a various controllers against the NTK sensor with the controller AFM1500 talk me about the opposite.
    2. I use COM-connection while working with AFM1500 and I do not see any problems in it.
    3. The 30-0300 has a distinct advantage
    4. I do not use power from the car when I working with the AFM1500. I use a separate battery. And I do not use the analog output of the AFM1500, I use the COM port. My configuration there is no connection between ground of the car and the AFM1500 ground.
    5. I use pressure compensation with the AEM sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    1. Easily verified with calibrated test gas. I recommend BAR97 High gas. At std. atmospheric, it should measure Lambda 0.883 according to its chemical composition.
    2. OK. I kinda like the AFM1500 serial setup. Wish it was available on their other products. At ~150ms, the response time is slow enough that the data skew probably does not matter so much.
    3. Are you using the 30-0300 or 30-0333 ?
    4. The car vs. battery power does not matter so much, if you are using serial data.
    5. ??? Does AEM offer pressure compensation with the 30-0300/30-0333 ?

I know the AFM1000/AFM1500 manual gives the pressure compensation formulae for the NTK sensors. But, unlike the LambdaCANp, it does not provide an actual pressure sensor input. For AEM, I think, only their older 4-channel unit has pressure compensation available. I will have to check.

BTW, you can learn A LOT by having a supply of lab grade calibrated gas. One thing is, you learn how inconsistent free-air calibrations can be. The difference between a sensor calibrated in still air vs. one calibrated in a breeze is quite noticeable, for example. You learn better calibration procedures trying to get the known test gas lambda values to match from cal to cal.

Advanced Tuner
    Don't necessarily want to bump such an old thread so sorry, but do you know what is new with the 30-0334 vs 30-0333 dr.mike?

Advanced Tuner
    For use with HPTuners, there is no difference. The 30-0334 has some updates to work with "Brand E" Scan/tune tools. They just wanted a single part number to work with everything.

Senior Tuner
    ... While this is already bumped up please see if you can contact the company that makes the nGauge about getting an update for this to work with it. They told me they would like to do it and plan to eventually but no ETA.

Advanced Tuner
    It just uses the standard WB PIDs ( 0x24, 0x25, etc. ) So, they should not need to do much.

I have spent hours on this and finally got a chance to talk to a person there. Do not hold your breath. You can monitor this in generic mode but not in GM or FORD specific mode. It has to do with the ECM scan and setup. In a nutshell they cannot talk to 2 different ECMs in two different modes when scanning in a manufacturer specific mode. Has to do with the differences between the extended PIDs and standard SAE PIDs and how you retrieve them. To do this requires a rewrite of all code in the nGuage. It is "planned".

Advanced Tuner
    The 30-0334 also supports the GMLAN mode. ( PID 0x2C / 0xAA ) if that helps.

Is this in the the code that you placed in the AEM 30-310 for me?

Advanced Tuner
    No. The OBDII 30-0310 code is the same as the 30-0333 not the 30-0334.

Thanks, then I guess I will be waiting for the "Planned Update" on the nGauge. Maybe next year...

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe you could get them to test with a 30-0334? If that works, I can try to make an update for the 30-0310

so im looking to upgrade from my lm1 wb and i thimking from this thread the aem may be the way to go, as i do some tunning on can and no can cars and want to make a movable wb set up. wich aem would be the best being as it isnt looking like hp tuners is going to adapt to be able to log can and non at the same time but i dont see the need in the obd version for me or am i reading it wrong? are all the aems as fast in analog as the obd version and do ya still have the ground offset issues with these? any suggestions would be great. thanks

No ground offset issues on AEM. We use the 30-0333 (older version) on all cars.

Advanced Tuner
    All of the AEM x-series WBs have the same analog output setup. ( although, you need to add the pins to the OBDII versions ). All run at the same speed. And they all have the active ground offset compensation circuit.

If HPTuners doesn't get support working for pre-CAN vehicles, I may try to make a little J1850->CAN adapter box.

ok aem it is then thanks for the input guys!!! i have to wonder how hard it would be to convert the can signal into the class 2 or just make a wb out put the class 2 message so hp tuners would pick it up

Tuner in Training
    In reading here there seems to be a workaround for non can pcm',i.e. Ls1 with mvpi non pro cables .cab anyone explain how or if hptuners supports these with the aem obd2 wb?

It is my understanding that without the pro interface it has to be logged through an ecm 0-5v input like ac pressure or egr.Apparently hp tuners will only read and log one data type at the time so when it sees the can data it will not look for any other data or vice versa. With your ls1 its pretty easy ti input it through the egr signal and there is even some you tube videos the show ya how. Dr.mike mentioned making a adapter box as a possibility but im sure he hasn't got that going yet and dont info on have if or when hp will do something. hope that answers your question.

Potential Tuner
    So I have read this thread from beginning to end am still confused about what wideband to buy and how to hookup for my setup. 2000 chevy k2500, 0411 computer upgrade. And the latest version of the pro hp tuners
    Last edited by Jonesy; 09-20-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to use analog inputs into your MPVI Pro interface (or MPVI Standard and use the EGR wiring, lots of info on that around the web) as your PCM is not CAN compatible. the AEM 30-0333 or 30-0334 will work with your setup, but ONLY with the analog inputs and not via the OBDII port. You may be better off with the 30-0330 cable.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned