Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687
Results 1,721 to 1,732 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Same thing on another computer. Checked it before updating, everything was there. Updated, all user defined math parameters are gone.

I don't know what version I was on.. but I went to 3.1.403.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Oh, I'm not running the beta, must be in that. At least you can save them now, makes hiccups like that a lot easier to deal with.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

I wish I had checked.. I installed the latest regular and latest beta right after one another, so not totally sure which did it

Either way.. if I'm the only one that has had it happen then it's probably a beta issue

Advanced Tuner
    My complaints are still present. I'm surprised I'm the only one that doesn't like it... Because of it, I'll keep using 2.24 on as many rigs as I can. I do mostly conversions, so making all of those changes is 40 minutes instead of 15.

Opening the software, it starts wherever the hell it wants to. Switching between tabs, the same
    Tabbing between fields now hits on units, instead of going to the next field.
    Most things are in units I don't want them to be in. I change them, then next time they are right back and have to change them again
    Saving a file, it comes up with its own naming method, wherever it wants to
    0's have color - sometimes. Sometimes they change if you change other fields.
    You can no longer hit '3' to delete a DTC, or 012, for one of the others. You have to drop down a list and choose

Don't even get me started on the scanner... Wideband doesn't work with it, so I haven't even messed with it much.

For the first time in 7 years, I'm actually considering EFI Live

I do agree on the DTC one.. it's slow if you have to change several. The rest I've never noticed.

The Scanner is superior and if your WB worked in 2.24 it will work in V3.

Is it worth the learning curve for every single person out there? eh, maybe, maybe not. For people doing this for a living, it is.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-15-2016 at 11:17 AM.

waynehartwin, it sounds like your issues are running an incompatible 2.24 along side 3.0, thus, the settings/history are being wiped.

The VCM Editor DTC functionality has been changed in 3.1 where the number keys do work again.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I do agree on the DTC one.. it's slow if you have to change several. The rest I've never noticed.

The Scanner is superior and if your WB worked in 2.24 it will work in V3.

Is it worth the learning curve for every single person out there? eh, maybe, maybe not. For people doing this for a living, it is.
    I'm sure the wideband issue is a settings issue. Unlike some, I don't have several days to figure shit out right now. I would be pissed if I had a busy dyno shop! I do 10 or so tunes a week, but they are all through the mail, so I don't use the scanner much.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    waynehartwin, it sounds like your issues are running an incompatible 2.24 along side 3.0, thus, the settings/history are being wiped.

The VCM Editor DTC functionality has been changed in 3.1 where the number keys do work again.
    No, but I do uninstall/install often. All of my 2.24 settings are always there - except for the key. I always have to reinstall the latest key either way I go, 2.24 or 3.0.

Which brings me to another bitch about 3.0. Key's. In 2.24, if you have to license what you just read, you can purchase the credits, and license it on the spot. 3.0, you have to close the damn file and enter the key elsewhere. Then reopen/reread it to license it.

It really seems like a bunch of little things, but stack it up, and it adds up. Especially when I can open 2.24 and not have to deal with it.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    I'm sure the wideband issue is a settings issue. Unlike some, I don't have several days to figure shit out right now. I would be pissed if I had a busy dyno shop! I do 10 or so tunes a week, but they are all through the mail, so I don't use the scanner much.

No, but I do uninstall/install often. All of my 2.24 settings are always there - except for the key. I always have to reinstall the latest key either way I go, 2.24 or 3.0.

Which brings me to another bitch about 3.0. Key's. In 2.24, if you have to license what you just read, you can purchase the credits, and license it on the spot. 3.0, you have to close the damn file and enter the key elsewhere. Then reopen/reread it to license it.

It really seems like a bunch of little things, but stack it up, and it adds up. Especially when I can open 2.24 and not have to deal with it.
    You don't have to close and re-read the tunes - just go to file after installing your new application key and reopen it - granted you've all ready saved the unlicensed file... Some things are nit picky, but hoping it'll get worked out - otherwise liking 3.0 and 3.1 for the most part... Scanner speeds and display is the only real thing I don't like and as long as you don't try to log too much or misfire data, it's mostly OK...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Question:

I remember reading earlier that broadcast parameters were basically "free" as they were sent out all the time anyways. Or at least that's what I think I remember.

If that's true.. can I add every broadcast parameter to my channel list without it impacting speeds at all? I would think so, but thought I'd ask.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Hi all new to Hp i need a tune Please HELP?

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Question:

I remember reading earlier that broadcast parameters were basically "free" as they were sent out all the time anyways. Or at least that's what I think I remember.

If that's true.. can I add every broadcast parameter to my channel list without it impacting speeds at all? I would think so, but thought I'd ask.
    yes, broadcast params are not "polled" from the ECM/TCM so you can log as many as you want without impacting anything. Eg. if you only selected broadcast PIDs and nothing else, the scanner is only listening to the bus and not interacting with the vehicle at all
    I count sheep in hex...

Awesome. I'm going to log them all then.