Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1732

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I think I got the upload right
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    This is fixed in tomorrows 3.0.

97/98 GM LS1 vehicles do not report an OS ID, unless you're running one of our custom operating systems. We require the OS id to determine what OS specific parmaeters are supported. For these vehicles though, we just assume you have an updated OS from GM. This is what we did in 2.24, and what we have implemented in 3.0.

It will work for most 97/98 LS1 vehicles (just like 2.24), but will likely show invalid data if your operating system isn't updated (exactly like 2.24 would have done).
    Thanks for looking into this, Keith. So it's dependent upon the latest OS for the physical PCM, regardless of the PCM part number, correct? I know I have the latest OS for my physical PCM, but I don't have the latest "411" PCM for the body style.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

OS, not pcm part #.

Also, if you noticed, 3.0 should now scan your vehicle twice as fast.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Is there anywhere I can look in the program to see battery voltage?
    Thanks

Should be able to log ignition voltage.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I'll look for that channel in the list. Also, on some youtube videos going through HP tuners, in tables with "RPM," people have clicked on the rpm part to adjust the limit in that specific table. Nothing happens when I click on rpm while using the 3.0 downloaded yesterday. Is there a new way to do this?

What table in particular? You can click on the headers in some tables (like RPM) and then change them but it's more the exception than the rule. On mine I can do it on the timing tables and a few others but I think that's about it.

And the voltage might be under "control module voltage", so check out that if you can't find it

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome thanks, I added the control module voltage so when I get a chance I'll test it out later. So far tables such as 'primary VE' and 'high octane' don't do anything when you click on the 'rpm' portion in the title. No other tables that I have looked at so far have let me adjust rpm by simply clicking on 'rpm' however this is my 2nd day using 3.0

Yeah I can't do that on my VE table either. I can on the high octane table but that's it

Are you running the original OS or upgrade?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using the original OS (stock map).

Gotcha. I just checked and on my original I can change the RPM headers on the high octane timing table. It's an OS by OS type thing though as to whether you can change them on yours.

If the header is under lined then you'll be able to click on it. If it's not, then you won't. So like at the top where it says "Spark RPM (rpm)". If that is underlined you should be able to click on it (same for any table). But if it's not then you shouldn't be able to

I just did a read entire on a 2013 Dodge Charger R/T (no license yet) and can only see transmission tables. What did I do or not do?
    Never Mind, I got it. Can't read it but IO got it.

Validate Checksum failed, definitions failed to load. Send file and info lof to support. I did so.

I have a 2013 Charger R/T and chose GPEC2 Dodge from the drop down.

Thanks
    Last edited by 2therock; 02-20-2016 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Got It
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Advanced Tuner
    Yes I have no underlined headings Perhaps that's only under 'enhanced' version. My current OS says 12592618 (B0CC).

The Editor "Creation Date" occurs in the future (tomorrow) on a tune I made back in 2015... I have a stock tune from a different car I read on 1-13-2016 and it says created on 1-14-2016.

Should these match the save date or the original read date?

Tune_Creation.PNG
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Could be the 2.24 -> 3.0 transition.

3.0 has so much more information in the file, full binary change log, etc.. it's a much more feature rich file format.

I love the change logs / ability to open previous versions as a compare file. I had some issues with the time stamps for previous versions being wrong in the beginning but I'm not sure if that's still an issue. I'll let you know if it is

It's pretty interesting when I get sent a tune to be able to see chronologically what's been tried/changed/etc.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Build 3.0.27
    Editor: I can right-click on a table button (such as High Octane Advance) and choose copy, but when I right click on Low Octane Advance, the paste option is missing. These used to be called Copy Table and Paste Table in 2.24.
    Editor: If I open Primary VE, and choose either Copy or Copy with Axis, and then open Secondary VE and attempt to paste it, nothing happens. This used to work in 2.24.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Quote Originally Posted by JimMueller View Post
    Build 3.0.27
    Editor: I can right-click on a table button (such as High Octane Advance) and choose copy, but when I right click on Low Octane Advance, the paste option is missing. These used to be called Copy Table and Paste Table in 2.24.
    Editor: If I open Primary VE, and choose either Copy or Copy with Axis, and then open Secondary VE and attempt to paste it, nothing happens. This used to work in 2.24.
    Paste will not be added back immediately to the navigation buttons. This is because you could end up pasting axis that change your table format without seeing it. We want you to be able to see the changes. We might workaround this in the future with a prompt.

We're also working on a new paste system for tables that don't line up perfectly (like the 98 VE tables), so you can paste a table with any axis into another table with any axis. Our goal is for the results to be interpolated from the input for the target axis table.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We're also working on a new paste system for tables that don't line up perfectly (like the 98 VE tables), so you can paste a table with any axis into another table with any axis. Our goal is for the results to be interpolated from the input for the target axis table.
    That would be quite awesome

Bug found:

If you use the keyboard shortcut alt+F4 to close Scanner, the layout reverts back to the default when you open it back up.

Same if you use the Log File-->Exit button instead of just hitting the X in the top right. That might explain why some people have had issues with their layout going back to the default

This is on 3.0.27, I'll try latest version in a few