Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Tuner in Training
    i just opened my stock .hpt file from my 2008 corvette and noticed A LOT of parameters did not show up. for example,the entire transient fueling tab is blank? what gives?

Untitled.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Ford F250 Lariat

2008 Corvette Z51 M6, Kooks LT, Corsa Performance, Vararam

In the supported vehicles list, there are three colors used for the groups. Can you explain what Blue, Red and Green groups mean?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    In the future this might be something we look at, but, the main issue is the architecture is so different between the two, time did not permit this development.
    I guess for the time i'll have to stick to the old stuff. I used the newer scanner when needed before and it's gonna have to stay that way until I can get each car back in my hands and make all new stuff and spend double or triple the time tuning. Most people can't wait this long.

Not trying to come down on the HP staff and I realize you are trying to improve and move into new things but for "calibrators" who do this day in and day out and have spent so much time making custom configs to make their job easier, this makes our job harder with the lack of compatibility.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

looks like the download server is saturated a bit, I got it downloaded and it says data1.cab is corrupt. Trying to re-download now but the download won't start. Guess I'll come back later!

Advanced Tuner
    Will there be more information about using HPTuners to upload tunes to Powerteq and other devices?

It's okay I'll stick to the old stuff I'm seriously feeling left out by society lately. Everything new that comes out I cannot get used to. All the fancy new phones, Windows 10 it seems it's so counter intuitive these days like you have to use "memory" instead of "intuition" and all the bubbly stuff is distracting to me to be honest.

Great work though I'm sure it's a lot better, I just found HPT perfectly balanced compared to EFI Live but now the more I'm looking at it the more my head is starting to hurt. Again this is just me I'm getting obsolete but great work. I know it's better just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mourat View Post
    It's okay I'll stick to the old stuff I'm seriously feeling left out by society lately. Everything new that comes out I cannot get used to. All the fancy new phones, Windows 10 it seems it's so counter intuitive these days like you have to use "memory" instead of "intuition" and all the bubbly stuff is distracting to me to be honest.

Great work though I'm sure it's a lot better, I just found HPT perfectly balanced compared to EFI Live but now the more I'm looking at it the more my head is starting to hurt. Again this is just me I'm getting obsolete but great work. I know it's better just not for me.
    Once you get used to it, you will find that 3.0 actually simplifies the scanner interface over 2.24. Check out the help files. They have been rewritten to help you understand how 3.0 functions. 2.24 could never have such documentation due to its overly complex nature.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-scanner/
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mourat View Post

I am with you.. have the old one working just the way I want it, and I only tune my own car. I will stick with it for now as I see no advantage to switching at this time.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    Going back to previous version. You guys are killing us by not allowing forward compatibility of the .cfg files. I don't have the time at the moment to go in there and architect new profiles for all of the old setups I have been comfortable with.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shmo925 View Post
    i just opened my stock .hpt file from my 2008 corvette and noticed A LOT of parameters did not show up. for example,the entire transient fueling tab is blank? what gives?
    Set your "View" to "Advanced"
    Last edited by ElecTech; 02-01-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Okay, so now I feel stuck. What are we supposed to do if we don't have a copy of the old 2.24 version?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    Going back to previous version. You guys are killing us by not allowing forward compatibility of the .cfg files. I don't have the time at the moment to go in there and architect new profiles for all of the old setups I have been comfortable with.
    Try writing 1 profile in 3.0.

3.0 includes improved vehicle defaults in the channels display, and the layouts are MUCH easier/faster to configure. There is full text filtering for searching for parameters, as well as filtering out only supported parameters.

Creating ANY kind of display/config in 2.24 will take much much longer than 3.0.

Haven't had the chance to download yet, does 3.0 have segment swapping?

Advanced Tuner
    Not to mention that now, without being plugged into a car I am unable to guess at which sensors are valid on that ECU. So for me to begin to rebuild the configs that I had and make sure they work, I actually have to be plugged into a customer's car. This is going to absorb a lot of time to get set back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by lo&sloSierra View Post
    Haven't had the chance to download yet, does 3.0 have segment swapping?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Add the ability to open .bin format?
    Seriously, why can't we do this? We don't need to be able to save to .bin, but it would be really nice if you could import from .bin...

Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    Not to mention that now, without being plugged into a car I am unable to guess at which sensors are valid on that ECU. So for me to begin to rebuild the configs that I had and make sure they work, I actually have to be plugged into a customer's car. This is going to absorb a lot of time to get set back up and running.
    In the next version you will be able to add a VIN/OS directly in VCM Scanner to edit remote profiles.

Currently though, if you're an advanced user, you can edit the VCM Suite.cfg and look for the <Vehicles></Vehicles> section. Once you connect to a vehicle it should show you how the software expects the XML to be formatted. You can add more VIN/OS to your global vehicle profile that way.

The user interface feature should be available in about a month or so though..

We'll get there.

Why does this not install on Windows 10??
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    Why does this not install on Windows 10??
    We are all running windows 10 here without issue.

"This app can't run on your PC". So I ran in admin mode and it says "cannon find xxxx". Is this a windows 10 thing?
    09 LNF: K&N Cai, ZZP IC, Injen IC piping, 3bar maps, efr 6758 (440whp!), Zeitronix E85 gauge, Innovate LC-1, WOTbox, HPTuners/Selftuned