Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.0 Is Finally Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xspsi View Post
    Hi Keith,

Is there any chance of making the channel display more alike to the previous table display (which was 2 columns of data rather than 1 column of data.

I can see this being a pain in the arse when your tuning a car & want to quickly have a look at something, without the need to scroll through.

Also, we used to be able to move the windows around freely, which I found very useful when using the table display as you could nearly drag it half way off the screen. I have noticed in the current version, you can only expand each window, but you cannot physically move it around (if need be).
    I like to setup the Editor and the Scanner each at half screen so I can look at the log results and the program at the same time (i.e timing/airmass logged and the timing table to see if any reductions/additions are being enacted). The way it is now, you can kinda manage the chart and graph screen but the channel table doesn't have room.

Per the split screen approach, I would really like to see a link between the scanner data and its applicable editor table to allow you to follow as you scroll through the log. The piece of resistance (:-)) would be to add, what I have seen called a "Runway mode" where the row and column at the two scanned axis points are shaded and intersect at the data value...and track as you scroll through the log....maybe after all the critical stuff is addressed.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I need a 50in laptop screen if I want to see them all at once.

Time to call up someone from japan and custom order one the folds in half 10 times so I can carry it with me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Why can I not open a "Tune" file(In the editor) that was emailed to me now? I try to open it up to look at it for a customer having problems, and it says ***** REMOTE TUNING ERROR*****The file is a part of remote tuning network you are not a part of.

Anything I'm just missing here? Never had this problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    I usually log Dynamic Airflow and MAF (needed when tuning MAF) and create a Dynamic Airmass (g/cyl) PID to identify where in the spark table I really am for both MAF and VE tuning. Am I right in thinking that if I am tuning in Speed Density that I would want to use the VE/MAP/IAT Cylinder Airmass now instead of my Dynamic Airmass PID?

Ed M
    I would have to think about that one.. I'd start by logging both side by side to see if they're any different when in SD mode. I always thought that dynamic airflow would = VE airflow when in SD mode but I'm not 100% sure that's true. I think it is though.

Keep in mind that manifold air temp (not intake air temp) is what ultimately matters to fuel calculations. There's a seperate parameter that uses MAT instead of IAT. If you're running an IAT right on the manifold and have the bias/filter tables setup like a ZR1, then they will be the same.. otherwise MAT is almost always higher than IAT

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrot View Post
    Why can I not open a "Tune" file(In the editor) that was emailed to me now? I try to open it up to look at it for a customer having problems, and it says ***** REMOTE TUNING ERROR*****The file is a part of remote tuning network you are not a part of.

Anything I'm just missing here? Never had this problem before.
    Try having them go under edit-->calibration details, go to the remote tuning tab and clear master/slave.

I haven't messed with this part much but that would be my best guess

Potential Tuner
    So, I'm having an issue where my Y axis on graphs isn't working. I'm using Engine Speed vs Calculated Cylinder Air 4Cyl for my knock sensor graph, but only get a single line of data. Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by NerdsMcGee View Post
    So, I'm having an issue where my Y axis on graphs isn't working. I'm using Engine Speed vs Calculated Cylinder Air 4Cyl for my knock sensor graph, but only get a single line of data. Log attached.
    Using Math as an axis is a bug, we're working on it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't actually logged yet, but in playing with the layout I kind of like having the Chart, graph and gauges as tabs. It makes it easy to switch between them quickly. I agree that I would like to be able to see the whole channel list like the old style.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

you can change the font of the Channels which will show more.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    you can change the font of the Channels which will show more.
    Never noticed that.... thanks. You have to realize us old guys can only go so small on fonts.....LOL
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Advanced Tuner
    I tried changing to smaller fonts, but you gain VERY little by going with smaller fonts. An extra channel or two at most.

Why does 3.0.14 not have cylinder air mass? I cant log spark advance and kr with out it or is there another way of doing that?

It's in there as a Math Parameter, and some vehicles support it natively.

Tuner in Training
    is there a way to easily see how many bits I'm logging? I liked being able to see that at the bottom of the PID table in 2.24. I have 98 Camaro. also I've never been able to get the standalone data logging to work. I write my config to the interface, take it out to the car plug it in, hold rec, it rec's and doesn't show an err while recording but when I when I hook back up to the computer and gather info and try to view logs there is just a "logs folder" and nothing else.

3.0 doesn't use static groups based on bytes like 2.24, it's dynamic.

So, even if you're logging 12 vs 24 bytes in 3.0, it won't act like it did in 2.24. In some cases you could log 28+ bytes in 3.0 and it'd be as fast as 24 in 2.24.

But to simply answer, no there is no easy way to see total bytes logged.

Tuner in Training
    okay so is my standalone logging problem user err lol, everything I'm trying to log works while using the scanner. I write the layout to the interface, go hook up to the car press n hold rec, it recs with no err hold stop wait for the busy light to go off unplug n hook up to computer open hit gather info it, my vin shows up an a log folder but that's it. No logs when, I hit read all logs or selected logs still nothing.

do I need to be connected to the car when I write the config I just got hpt back in aug of last year and just started learning to use it back then but never figured out the standalone. and figured it had to do with the firmware update thing so I stayed up to date on updates but have never gotten it to do anything more than I described.

still cant figure it out
    Last edited by drj8787; 02-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.

It sounds like you're doing it right.

Try the latest 3.0. We did fix a standalone datalogging error earlier in the week.

Tuner in Training
    I'm using 3.0.14, I never get an err light image.jpg screenshot help?

Send your channel config, and a vcm suite info log connected to the vehicle, to support, and we'll test it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Im having an issue with editing my tune. I lost a bunch of parameters on my 08 sierra with the custom OS for use with a conventional VE table. I seem to have lost the ability to modify injector settings and airflow settings etc. There are a ton more that appear to be missing too but these are just the ones I went to go change and noticed.

Im unsure if its an install issue so its not reading correctly or if something happened when it saved ?
    Attached Files Attached Files