Thread: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Issue

Tuner in Training

2014 Jeep Wrangler Issue

So I emailed support already but thought I would ask you guys if you have had any issues when flashing a Jeep ECM and TCM file. I flashed mine earlier tonight and now have 4 communication codes stored that come right back when cleared.

The codes I am seeing are, U0141, U0100, U0114, U110B.

Thoughts?

Tuner in Training
    Forgot to mention, all of those codes have (Permanent) behind them.

Followed all the on screen prompts as required.

This is the 2nd vehicle we have used HP Tuners for, the other a 2006 Charger did not have these issues.

Does the Wrangler work ok? Or is the ECU bricked?

If its ok, try writing the file again.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, it operates fine. No issues that I can find so far. We did try reflashing and also pulled the ecm/tcm fuse to try and clear everything. MIL goes off and stays off after clearing them but they do come right back...

I used to get a few codes, but driving the car after the flash deletes the codes. I guess it takes time to reset.. if it persists, I would send support an email

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, it now has 3 drive cycles on it. Got back to the shop this morning and they are gone. Just needed some time I guess.

Tuner in Training
    I got codes U0101, U0141, U110C, U110E & U1403 today after flashing the trans on a 13 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I tried clearing the codes and reflashing to no avail.
    From this thread it seems that it will "clear itself" after some drive time. Is there a concern here.
    Troy_MIL.png

when they say Permanent they will keep showing up until you drive it for a while. My guess is the CEL is not on, right?

Tuner in Training
    The MIL light is on.
    took it for a quick drive, approx 5 min, and the codes as well as the MIL stayed on.
    Unfortunately it was one of those with the customer in the truck doing a quick modification of the shift points.
    I told him that it wouldn't hurt anything and I would figure out how to solve the light.
    How far typically does it have to drive to have the light go out and goes go away.

Do you have a current code in addition to the Permanent codes? I've never had a permanent code turn on the cel

Tuner
    If you all are not doing this already it is very good to get into this habit, it may keep some of or all of these codes from popping up.

Flash PCM as usual. When it tells you to run off the ignition and wait 10 seconds then turn on...shut off ignition switch open and close drivers door and wait until all the gauge cluster lights shut off. Once the lights are off turn the switch on, on push button start be sure it is in run and not accessory. Once in the run wait until door chimes stop before hitting ok on in the software.

Even if you do not open and clos the door, be sure to wait until dash lights turn off. The software says 10 seconds, but really what we are waiting for is a full power down.

Tuner in Training
    Only the codes in the screen shot.
    Thanks mxatunerjg

When we flash at the dealer witech usually will give a 30 second countdown.
    Level 3 Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram technician
    20 years experience