Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Knock Retard hell! Desperate for help

Tuning Addict
    Boundary-ECT-RPM = eoit Boundary-ECT-RPM-Injection Pulsewidth = soit

Leave your ect table mostly stock since you have a stock cam, head setup - your running more boost, so dial back your colder temps some - otherwise you might wind up with cold throttle snap lean outs...

Keep the stock boundary of 520 up to 1000 rpms... End at 600ish around 46 to 5100 - your probably good to go to 610 or so to be honest... add 20 to the boundary by 2000 rpms (this is for the boost addition) / interpolate between these two remaining points and then smooth a couple of cells past that - should be good to go from that point... Redial in your MAF and VE tables - enjoy...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 12-06-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    When HPT first introduced 3.0 it had injection timing in it's scanner - what happened to that - I honestly don't remember it working, but would be nice if we still had it and it worked
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Boundary-ECT-RPM = SOIT Not eoit oohhh really? This whole time i thought that was eoit

Leave your ect table mostly stock since you have a stock cam, head setup - your running more boost, so dial back your colder temps some - otherwise you might wind up with cold throttle snap lean outs...

Keep the stock boundary of 520 up to 1000 rpms... End at 600ish around 46 to 5100 - your probably good to go to 610 or so to be honest... add 20 to the boundary by 2000 rpms (this is for the boost addition) / interpolate between these two remaining points and then smooth a couple of cells past that - should be good to go from that point... Redial in your MAF and VE tables - enjoy...
    Cool thanks...ill re-try this and repost what i come up with...man i thought i had it figured out too, thinking this whole time that the total 410 boundary was the eoit. Thanks again

Sorry micheal to thread jack but i am using this thread as a learning opportunity.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

I think I started with that one then added the cam stuff and chart to make it more visual

Check it out and see if anything is wrong--it's been a while since I've looked at it. I just do what Ghuggins says when it comes to inj timing these days

There are a couple of tabs--just the one it opens up to has the charts and stuff, you can mess around with it, I didn't put a PW on it

EOIT gen IV - LS2.xls
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I think I started with that one then added the cam stuff and chart to make it more visual

Check it out and see if anything is wrong--it's been a while since I've looked at it. I just do what Ghuggins says when it comes to inj timing these days

There are a couple of tabs--just the one it opens up to has the charts and stuff, you can mess around with it, I didn't put a PW on it

EOIT gen IV - LS2.xls
    Awesome...thank you, looks similar to the one i have but with some extra goodies

Edit:THAT IS A COOL SPREADSHEET
    Last edited by JBZ; 08-04-2016 at 12:17 PM.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Advanced Tuner
    here is what ive worked up, 2 different examples (less and more aggressive) boundary targets. just to see how how it worked out in the calculator. taking everything GHuggins advised into consideration in post 161 and doing a little more reading about the ECT table. from what I gathered in this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lculated/page3 the ECT and RPM tables are there for make up PW?

so I did one table (less aggressive screenshot) keeping my ECT table completely stock and raising the boundary up slowly as Greg suggested and in the highest cells getting a boundary of 610, now if I go to the calculator that Schpenxel linked up, that gives me a final normal EOI of 500.

in the more aggressive screenshot I actually lowered my ECT table by 50 across the board but adjusted my boundary lower in the idle cells (still with a final EOI of 410) and up to a total boundary of 600. all and all this was no more of an aggressive ramp but the final calculated EOI was higher at 540. but the actual boundary was 10 degrees less.

just messing around and having fun playing with the different options. what do you guys think about the actual ramp up? again I tried to follow Ghiggins advice on when and how much to add vs RPM's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuning Addict
    I like them both Josh You'll want to play with the ect table - this is the more important for soi... Durring a cold start - watch your temp gauge - once it starts to flicker or your coolant temp is around 100 to 120 in the scanner - snap the throttle lightly - watch for lean out - no lean out, do a heavy stomp - good air fuel target - your close... NOW move the ect table (most likely back towards 110 for yourself) - same temp conditions - same experiment - BUT NOW pay attention to throttle response - your looking for quick, crisp response... After all those conditions are met - call it good - might need to raise peak boundary more? Dial in VE and MAF - enjoy...

You might also want to subtract 20ish from -40 to 133 in the ect table before doing all of this...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 08-04-2016 at 04:03 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    I like them both Josh You'll want to play with the ect table - this is the more important for soi... Durring a cold start - watch your temp gauge - once it starts to flicker or your coolant temp is around 100 to 120 in the scanner - snap the throttle lightly - watch for lean out - no lean out, do a heavy stomp - good air fuel target - your close... NOW move the ect table (most likely back towards 110 for yourself) - same temp conditions - same experiment - BUT NOW pay attention to throttle response - your looking for quick, crisp response... After all those conditions are met - call it good - might need to raise peak boundary more? Dial in VE and MAF - enjoy...

You might also want to subtract 20ish from -40 to 133 in the ect table before doing all of this...
    Great advise and stuff to look for...like always thank you for your input i will lower the cold ect areas a hair more and keep a close eye on the above mentioned stuff and report back after i have downloaded it back in...of course that wont be until i get the aem 30-0333 in which i am planning for this weekend. So hopefully i can get rockin and rollin on this stuff next week...im excited!

sorry wrong thread
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ants-gts; 09-15-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I made a degree wheel marked for 720 degrees. Not sure if it will be useful for anyone but these labels make more sense for our purposes to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I made a degree wheel marked for 720 degrees. Not sure if it will be useful for anyone but these labels make more sense for our purposes to me.
    Thank You This will save time with having to write the numbers in by hand

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Thank You This will save time with having to write the numbers in by hand
    Thank you for all the good info in this area. Once I realized the degree wheel you posted on page one was scaled double I decided to make this thing lol

The only thing I'm not entirely sure of is how to exactly get "soit," but I see where you put the formula earlier and I can try to get it based off of eoit and rpm somehow. I'm not going to bother with this stuff quite yet because I'm about to make some pretty major fuel system changes that should decrease my pw's by a good amount and don't want to have to do it twice!

Next thing on my plate is finally figuring out how transients work. Oh joy.

Senior Tuner
    just make sure u have your fuel system mechanically spot on before adjusting transients/EOIT ect, u can chase your tail for a while if there is an issue, there are some calculators that work out SOIT based on EOIT/RPM/IPW just remember to add all the EOIT duration tables in like the makeup duration also to your workings out

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    just make sure u have your fuel system mechanically spot on before adjusting transients/EOIT ect, u can chase your tail for a while if there is an issue, there are some calculators that work out SOIT based on EOIT/RPM/IPW just remember to add all the EOIT duration tables in like the makeup duration also to your workings out
    Good call thanks I'll look for something. I had a revelation this morning that my flex fuel setup may make "soit" at the very least hard to pin down since I could end up with very different fuel comps in the car. Compromises will have to be made.