Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATSV Throttle body Closing

ATSV Throttle body Closing

Can't seem to figure out why the TB is closing to 46% when I raise the boost. I have tired raising the Driver Demand in AB and C tables.

Is it loosing power when it closing? The reason I asked is because the ecm will only let enough air in to achieve the task and keeps the throttle body in position to achieve any other task that is requested milliseconds' later. So if it's building the desired power then I wouldn't be concerned with the throttle blade position. Another thing to check is Map if the desired map has been meet then there is no reason to open the throttle any more hence keeping it in position for the next task.

Senior Tuner
    You're exceeding the desired boost tables.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

I've been playing with a 2016 atsv and cannot get the tb to stay open either.. there is no desired map table and only way to get the boost up is increasing the throttle pressure drop but once i do that it closes the throttle on me.. played with DD tables and all of the boost limits and base duty cycle.. not sure if im missing something
    JTM MOTORSPORTS

Bump.....Any new info on these cars?

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone figured this out? We are seeing the same thing.

raise peak torque by 20 at a time only in the RPM range where throttle is closing. leave the rest stock. leave DD stock.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you Higgs!

I had same issue on my ats 2.0t and I fixed it with a combination of changes it took us a while to nail it. If want to post a tune I can look it over and see if they share the same thing for boost settings then let you know what it will take to do it.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

I am having the same issue. I have raised peak tq and the driver demand tables. what table am I missing?

Most of the time the knock airmass table is the problem. I just got rid of my 2013 ats 2.0t has a similar setup for ecm in on a 2016 cts vsport and the knock airmass is set to .060 across the board just like the new camaro has on the 2.0t so not sure on that setting how it don't close even stock. I did a log on the car with stock tune and shows 6-8 degrees kr all over the place like it is using that to keep boost in check. I don't hear any pinging and even though was a bitch checked a plug and looks clean so the kr is false and in stock tune has bad throttle closing going on. Do you have a log and tune you can post? Like to compare to my vsport. What gets me is GM did all the engine updates and only got 40ish more hp from the lf3 to lf4? Why I would like to compare the tunes. I will be working with the car this weekend but looking at that tune and say a stock ats 2.0t tune if was to compare the knock air mass you would see what I am talking about. I have my old 2.0t big turbo tune in the repository if want to compare as a lot of tables will compare just for reference. If can post a log and tune that would be great.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Having throttle issues as well on an ATS-V right now. Max'd out all the knock airmass just to eliminate that from my equation, and still have throttle closing. I'm not really getting an KR in my wot anyways so I assumed that probably wasn't my issue. But felt it was worth mentioning.

I've attached a data log for anyone wanting to give it a gander. Seems 5700 rpm is about the spot it wants to close the throttle on me no matter what I do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have a 2016 vsport now and bone stock I am getting throttle closing on it and getting a shit ton of false kr. 6-8 degrees did you see any in your logs? Haven't seen it yet will look at it this evening. Amazed the knock air mass is .060 across the board on these things. I have 93 in the car and don't hear any thing most of it shows up in lower rpm. About to start tuning on it and try to get closer to 20 lbs boost which 12 bring stock on this car will be a nice jump. Just can't believe all the kr on it so wonder if using kr to control boost and keep it in check as it makes 12 very easy and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I have a 2016 vsport now and bone stock I am getting throttle closing on it and getting a shit ton of false kr. 6-8 degrees did you see any in your logs? Haven't seen it yet will look at it this evening. Amazed the knock air mass is .060 across the board on these things. I have 93 in the car and don't hear any thing most of it shows up in lower rpm. About to start tuning on it and try to get closer to 20 lbs boost which 12 bring stock on this car will be a nice jump. Just can't believe all the kr on it so wonder if using kr to control boost and keep it in check as it makes 12 very easy and fast.
    The log doesn't show much KR at all. I could de-sensatize the sensors a bit, but I've already raised the knock airmass so I'm not really certain that's actually the problem. Pretty strange. I'm going to mess with it some more today and see what happens, but i've got about 10+ hours into tuning it already and have tried damned near everything.

I fought this on my 2.0t more then likely you need to see exactly when it shuts the throttle go to your D.C. Table and lower the value around that rpm a few points. Say at closing at 4700 and have 75 in that go to 70. I bet if you log map kpa and requested they are crossing so over boost and shutting throttle. Also can raise the overspeed limit min from .50 to 2.50 see if helps.
    Since have so much time in this got any good pointers for injection timing and cam settings? I know how to make boost on these well and knew what the 2.0t wanted for timing but new to this engine and a lot of guessing since it is way different. Max on cams on ats was like 6-8 degrees that you played with and seeing 24 on this 3.6. I am sure we can get your throttle issue taken care of with moving that D.C. Table around a little so would be great if could share what you have learned that may help me.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    Throttle closing - that's the Aisin fighting you. Without TCM support, you can't get past that.

On the vsport it was closing more to keep boost in check seems this is how it likes to limit boost. I have now found the over boost tables raised them and now much happier throttle on shifts and so very briefly boost is still staying up. Going to try a few other tricks and see if can keep timing up on shifts too until tunercat gets the trans stuff available on this damn Asian which is soon they say. Hptuners needs to get off their ass. 60 guys on Facebook wanting tunes most would be easier to use hptuners and not tunercat to complete the tune.

What I've seen playing around with a Buick Regal is there is no desired boost pressure limit. This is what caused the car to limit throttle to get desired close to or equal to actual boost.

Playing around with the Torque Coefficents at higher rpm actually fixed this problem.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    ltz350, winter gas in FL?