Thread: Instrument Cluster Outputs - Fuel Density - Tune Scaling?

Tuning Addict

Instrument Cluster Outputs - Fuel Density - Tune Scaling?

Hi everyone, just a quick question... Does the Instrument Cluster Output (fuel consumed calculation) affect anything other than mpg calculations?

Only reason I ask is because I didn't have access to change this in the tune for the ZL1's until I had Bill add it in. Before this my fuel level would read 1/4ish even though the tank was empty and of course mpg calculations were much higher than actual. At that time I just thought the fuel level got caught on something when the new designed pump was installed. Now I've multiplied the cluster output table by .47 (same the tune was scaled by). While on the dyno I noticed the fuel level had dropped to just above 1/2 tank, so I figured I would go ahead and top it off just before lunch. It only held 6 gallons and was over flowing this time? SO does this also change how the fuel level is calculated? Only thing I could think of to change it since I still haven't dropped the tank to check the fuel level...

Thanks
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    It doesn't affect fuel level on my vette, only consumption.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Senior Tuner
    i had to change mine from scaling the tune and it only effects the trip display calculation, with mine the lower the number the higher the fuel usage

Gen IV Scaled Tune fuel Density worksheet.xlsx

I to had to ask Bill to add this parameter in a car I was doing as well. Attached is a worksheet add-on I generated a while back as a part of my scaling worksheet calculator to develop a new value when scaling your tune. Hope it helps.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]